2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2015 10:09 AM by Keith_Reeder

LR 6 = Big disappointment in performance and Fuji X support

Darius K.

Adobe announced, that LR 6 should use the GPU and process much faster. But this [url=Nachgemessen: GPU-Beschleunigung in Lightroom 6 und Lightroom CC | heise Foto]article[/url] and many users say, that it's even slower then LR 5.

And (for me) even worse, the processing of raw files from Fuji X cameras didn't improve. The files still look like watercolor paintings, when processed with LR 6!

I defended LR for some time and I waited for LR 6, because I hoped, that this will change. But now I'm thinking to switch to an other raw converter. There are some, which exhaust the great capabilities of the Fuji raw files. I tried to communicate with Adobe about this problem many times, but they still ignore me (and all other Fuji users).

@Adobe: You lost an once enthusiastic user and customer.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

• 1. Re: LR 6 = Big disappointment in performance and Fuji X support
          hans3d Level 1

Yes, I am certainly very disappointed as well with LR 6.

It is a shame and most likely the last adobe Product I spend my money for.

The Advertising and the well paid 'Evangelists' were promising a hell of a speed improvement on importing and exporting !! Well in fact All the GPU support does is some speedup on slider settings feedback - well theoretically that is.

In fact LR 6 is a joke!

The few new features are not worth an upgrade in my opinion. and the speed enhancement is just a lie! In fact it takes LONGER to import my files. It takes a hell of a lot longer to calculate 1:1 previews, and exporting my files does not go faster than with 5.7 as well.

Shame on you  Adobe!

I've started playing with C1 now... quite a different feel but lets see if I can get my head around it....

• 2. Re: LR 6 = Big disappointment in performance and Fuji X support
            Keith_Reeder Level 4

hans3d wrote:

The few new features are not worth an upgrade in my opinion.

I've emphasised the only important - and the only self-evidently factual - part of your whine...