3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2015 6:04 PM by MobileDeveloperCK Branched to a new discussion.

File Format Not Supported - Coming up when selecting create PDF on any document I try

thomasQA

Hi,

Im trying out Adobe DC on the mobile for our business, at the moment ive imported several different PDF's to try edit and add a signature.

Every time I open the PDF and click create PDF it just says File Format Not Supported?!

Why would this be happening?

Thanks

• 1. Re: File Format Not Supported - Coming up when selecting create PDF on any document I try
          MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi,

If you are just trying to add a handwritten signature to a PDF document, "Create PDF" is not what you need.

"Create PDF" is for converting a non-PDF document (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to PDF using the online subscription service called "Adobe PDF Pack".  You get the "File Format Not Supported" alert because the currently opened document is already a PDF document.  (You cannot convert PDF to PDF.)  Sorry if you find the user interface confusing.

To add a handwritten signature in Acrobat DC for iOS,

1. Open a PDF document.
          2. Tap the Comment icon in the bottom bar.
            Comment.png
          3. Tap the Signature (pen) icon in the bottom bar.
            Signature.png

Adobe also offers other e-signature apps for mobile devices.

Adobe Fill & Sign

Adobe eSign Manager

Please let us know if you have additional questions.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: File Format Not Supported - Coming up when selecting create PDF on any document I try
            thomasQA Level 1

Thanks for the quick response, is it only the paid for version that you can do this?

The version I'm using on my phone doesn't appear to give this option of commenting or signing.

We are a firm of financial advisers where an adviser will go out with an iPad and want to do the following:

• Take a photo of photo id, be able to comment, sign and send back to the office
            • Complete forms fully and get the client to sign, then save and send back to the office

Do you do a trial of the version we may need to do the above?

• 3. Re: File Format Not Supported - Coming up when selecting create PDF on any document I try
              MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi,

Which app do you have?  Acrobat DC for iOS or Android?

For Acrobat DC for iOS, would you make sure to update to the latest version 15.0.3 (as of April 30, 2015)?

For Acrobat DC for Android, you can choose "Comment" from the Tool Switcher.

1. Open a PDF document.
              2. Swipe right from the left edge of your device or tap the light blue square icon in the upper-left corner to open the Tool Switcher.
              3. Select Comment.

Acrobat DC mobile products (for iOS and Android) offer the basic functionality (such as viewing PDF documents, adding comments including a handwritten signature, filling out forms, searching, printing, etc.) for free.

However, to convert images or photos (taken by your iPhone iSight camera, for example) to PDFs, you will need to purchase the "Adobe PDF Pack" online service subscription.

Once you subscribe to the Adobe PDF Pack service, you can use the Camera to PDF feature in Acrobat DC for iOS.  (Note: The Camera to PDF feature has not been supported in Acrobat DC for Android yet.)

Currently, there is no trial version for any of the following online service subscriptions: "Adobe Export PDF", "Adobe PDF Pack", "Adobe Acrobat DC" .  Sorry for the inconvenience.

The other mobile apps (Fill & Sign, eSign Manager) themselves are free as well.  You can go to the Apple App Store (for iOS apps) or the Google Play (for Android apps) and install the apps on your device.

To use eSign services, you can start a free trial.

Electronic Signature Software, Digital Signatures | eSign services from Adobe

Global Trial Registration | eSign services from Adobe

Document Cloud eSign services

Regarding the online service subscriptions and Fill & Sign, you can post specific questions in the following user forum to get better answers from Adobe staff or experienced users.

Document Cloud PDF services

Hope this helps.