8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2015 5:52 PM by TNDIGGER888
      • 1. Re: How can I get past dialog box that wants my country/region?  Premiere Elements 13 will not open!!!
        A.T. Romano Level 7

TNDIGGER888

Please see the reply to your question by clicking on the following link.

Trying to get into Adobe Premiere Elements 13 for first time -How do I select my country if the cursor will not move on down the list of countries to the United States for the first time I am using the program?

In the past 24 hours, you have posted this same thread many times in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum and at least once in the Adobe Premiere Pro Forum. Moderators have been closing most of these  repeated threads because they are repeated threads. So, please stay in one still open thread for your question and our replies. Duplicate (and more) threads tend to me confusing for the person originating these threads as well as those trying to answer.

If the problem is one involving selection techniques, then please try the arrow key suggestion that I have described in the link above. At least let us know how that worked for you.

If there is a fundamental problem in the copy of the program that you purchased and you have the purchased serial number, we can tell you how to download new installation files and insert your purchased serial number in them.

If all else fails, we can tell you how to get a return/refund from Adobe if you purchased the program as download from Adobe and are within 30 days of purchase.

We need your help for us to help you.

Please review and consider the above. If you have any questions or need clarification, please let us know in this thread.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How can I get past dialog box that wants my country/region?  Premiere Elements 13 will not open!!!
          TNDIGGER888 Level 1

Sorry about confusing multiple postings – was not sure which forum I was in!

I replied somewhere that I don’t understand what you want me to do when you said “Choose Setup Language dialog......click the country at the top of the list so that it is highlighted (blue color), but do not click OK to the dialog box. Then tap on the down arrow key of the computer main keyboard until you get to the country choice that you want and it is the choice highlighted. Then click OK in the dialog”.

Are you telling me to go to Control Panel or somewhere else?  Can you please spell it out in more specific terms and I will try your suggestions which I hope will work.

I purchased this ADOBE Premiere Elements 13 software with my new computer HP ENVY Phoenix.  It has a SSD where it is stored with my other programs in:  C:/Windows/Program Files/Adobe/Premiere Elements.  And, yes I have the serial number.

A lot of my other programs are filed in this directory:  C:/Windows/Program Files(x86)/Adobe/Premiere Elements

Does ADOBE Premiere Elements 13 need to be in the directory with my programs that run in 86 mode?   When I installed it I let it put the program where it suggested (if indeed it actually suggested a directory – I don’t recall it asking) – I just let it install itself automatically.

Another thing I have just noticed is that there is also an ADOBE Premiere Elements 10 program listed in the same directory where ver. 13 is located.   Do I need to remove this old version?

I appreciate your patience in trying to assist me and really regret that I did not understand that I was posting in duplicate forums – I am new to asking for advice in the forum!

• 3. Re: How can I get past dialog box that wants my country/region?  Premiere Elements 13 will not open!!!
            A.T. Romano Level 7

TNDOGGER888

Thank you for the reply.

Let us start with

1. Is the computer operating system Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit? If it is and you are installing Premiere Elements 13, then the program files will go by default to Local Disk C/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Elements 13 as the default location. If you have a computer that is using other than Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, then it will not. Another question is, when your drives were set up, was the SSD drive designated the C drive?

2. From what you wrote, I understood that you were using your installation files or installation disc to install the program, but were getting stopped very early in the installation process because you could not set the country/language. Typically that setting is done while you are starting the installation. One of the early dialog boxes that you get in that process is named Choose Setup Language (or something like that). That is where I believed you could not set the country/language. Is that the place to which you were referring or some place else?

3. You do not need to uninstall Premiere Elements 10 to install and run Premiere Elements 13. Just use one program at a time.

Typically 32 bit applications in a 64 bit computer operating system run in the 32 bit compatibility mode of the 64 bit system. And, these 32 bit applications program files will be in Program Files (x86) Folder. The 64 bit applications program files would be in Program Files. With regard to Premiere Elements 10, some of its files may be found in Program Files and Program Files (x86).

But, the main focus now is getting Premiere Elements 13 installed to the default location on the Local Disk C/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Elements 13 during the installation process after you designate the country/language and are given a country dependent NTSC or PAL system with which to work.

From a quick look at 13 installation on Windows 7 64 bit, the first installation dialog that mentions language with country implications is

List-Installation.jpg

This is for Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 or 8.1 64 bit. Since you say that the United States is further down the list in your case, I suspect this is not the place where you are having problems. Note the default location in this Options dialog. Did you leave that as is or change it to something else?

Are you having these issues when you get to the Sign In dialog or some place else?

Please consider and then let us decide what next.

Many thanks for the follow up. Appreciated.

ATR

• 4. Re: How can I get past dialog box that wants my country/region?  Premiere Elements 13 will not open!!!
              TNDIGGER888 Level 1

How can I get past dialog box that wants my country/region?  Premiere Elements 13 will not open!!!

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7499678#7499678>

• 5. Re: How can I get past dialog box that wants my country/region?  Premiere Elements 13 will not open!!!
                A.T. Romano Level 7

TNDIGGER888

Thanks for the reply.

What are you using to install Premiere Elements 13?

a. installation disc that you purchased from HP or that HP gave you as part of the computer purchase.

b. installation files that you purchased and downloaded from Adobe website

c. did the program come with Premiere Elements 13 pre-installed on your new computer by HP

d. other

Are you saying that when you insert your installation disc in the burner tray or instead use your installation files from a download, the installer does not open to Premiere Elements installation dialogs? If that is the case, do you get error messages?

If you go to Control Panel/Programs and the installed programs, do you see Adobe Premiere Elements 13 in that list of installed programs?

I went online to find the specifications for the HP ENVY Phoenix with Windows 8.1 64 bit computer operating system? Do you find that is true if you look at the details of the HP ENVY purchase?

Let us rule in or out the above factors and zero in on the surrounding for Premiere Elements 13 will not open.

I am still not 100% on whether the program will not open because it is not installed versus the program is installed but will not open. And, we need to have an understanding on that to direct the troubleshooting.

Do not give up.

ATR

• 6. Re: How can I get past dialog box that wants my country/region?  Premiere Elements 13 will not open!!!
                  TNDIGGER888 Level 1

I knew this had to have a simple solution as the program installed successfully and I just found the solution! 

All I needed to do was use the “Down ARROW Key” to continue scrolling down the list!   Dud!  I feel REALLY dumb right now as I have wasted so much time (and your time also) on this!

For some reason the mouse would not scroll down the list and neither would the “Page Down” key, but the arrow key works!

This is a good lesson FOR ME to TRY THE SIMPLE THINGS FIRST!!!

Thanks so very much for hanging in there with me!

My problem is solved and I can now get into Premiere Elements 13.

Patti Ann

• 7. Re: How can I get past dialog box that wants my country/region?  Premiere Elements 13 will not open!!!
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Patti Ann

Thank you the wonderful news of your success. - Premiere Elements 13 installed and ready for your video projects. Great job of sorting through the details to get them to work for you.

Please let us know if you have questions about your Premiere Elements workflows. No question is too small or large if you do not have the answer for it. And, we hope we can share some Premiere Elements information with you when and if needed.

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: How can I get past dialog box that wants my country/region?  Premiere Elements 13 will not open!!!
                      TNDIGGER888 Level 1

Thank you SO VERY MUCH for your assistance – while I stumbled through this process….I just have had too many things going on trying to transfer programs/files/music/videos that I simple forgot the simple solution to my problem!   Again, I feel really chastised right now about wasting so much time!

I am glad that I found your forum and you might be hearing back from me while I learn Premiere Elements 13.

Patti Ann