1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 30, 2015 7:05 PM by Migintosh

How can I make a table span multiple pages?

DustinMichaels1982 Level 1

Hi guys,

I really hope someone can help me out. First off I am a indesign novice. I have primarily been using indesign scripting to take other user's indesign documents and generating dynamic previews and PDFS with indesign server 2014 (it's pretty cool stuff).

Someone gave me an indesign document that has a table that starts off in the middle of the page and depending on how many rows they want the table to be it should bump the overflow'ed table rows to the 2nd page.

In indesign I have tried to link the text frames together. It looks ok in indesign as the linked content shows up on page two.

Whenever I run the script to generate the preview JPEG the table on page 1 gets cut off and doesn't render anything on page 2.

Using a script I was able to examine all the textframes on the page and none of the text frames have their "overflows" property set to true.

What am I doing wrong here? I'm sure there are a million things I'm missing but what are some of the basic things I can look for. I'm totally lost here guys.

Thanks,

Dustin