2 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2015 8:04 PM by Herbert2001

Oversize printing in Fireworks

rdpalp

I have a Fireworks file that is 18.5 inches by 18.5 inches.  I need to print it to a single pdf, but when I try it comes out broken up on 8 1/2 x 11 peices.  Is there a way I can trick the driver to printing a single image in a pdf 18 1/2 x 18 1/2.  Fireworks lets me go that big but if I cannot get it out of fireworks, what is the point?

• 1. Re: Oversize printing in Fireworks
          Herbert2001 Level 4

File-->Page Setup, Size-->Postscript Custom Page Size

File--> Export, Export--> Adobe PDF.

Also make sure you are working at 300ppi at design time when designing for print.

(Btw, Fireworks is not really meant for print work; Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are.)

• 2. Re: Oversize printing in Fireworks
            Herbert2001 Level 4

Amending my own answer, because the resulting pdf has incorrect dimensions when exported!

Working method:

1) File-->Page Setup, Size-->Postscript Custom Page Size

2) File-->Print

3) Select Adobe PDF, and click on the properties button

4) Open the Paper/Quality tab, and click on the Advanced button

5) Where it states "Paper Size", the Postscript Custom Size should be selected. Click the "Edit Custom Page Size" button.

6) Change the width and height to 18.5 inches (you may have to switch the unit to inches)

7) Click OK on all buttons to print to a pdf with the exact size you required.

I noticed that the export pdf option will NOT export to the exact correct physical 18.5 inches.