5 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2015 7:36 AM by Szalam

AE CC 2014 keep freezing up

RRRFoxy

Hi,

I have issue with AE CC 2014. Every time i try to RAM preview project it freezing up with message " Locking existing frames"

Here is image of it:

sample.png

It is really frustrating now that i can't properly level the audio on project...Please help!!!

• 1. Re: AE CC 2014 keep freezing up
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you're working with audio, simply press . on your numeric keypad to do an audio preview.

You shouldn't work with audio in AE. It is terrible at working with audio. That's more for Audition or, at the very least, Premiere Pro.

That being said, let's try to fix your problem:

What version of your OS are you running?

What are your computer specs?

What is the full version number of your CC 2014 installation? Is it 13.2.0.49?

Could we see a screenshot of your memory and multiprocessing preferences?

• 2. Re: AE CC 2014 keep freezing up
            Dave LaRonde Level 6

In the project window, I see mp4 video, windows media video, and an mp3 audio file.  You aren't doing yourself any favors by using them in AE.  I would transcode the video to quicktime movies in the Photo JPEG codec, and the audio to either wav or aiff files.  By doing so, AE does a lot less computation just to make pictures and sound.  That's a good thing.

....after you answer Szalam's questions, of course.

• 3. Re: AE CC 2014 keep freezing up
              RRRFoxy Level 1

I run i7 4710HQ

16 Gb RAM

Windows 8.1

VIdeo - GTX 860M 2GB

version of AE 13.2.0.49

about multiprocessing i had it on and off and was the same thing. 

• 4. Re: AE CC 2014 keep freezing up
                RRRFoxy Level 1

Well used like that all the time in AE 5.5 and AE 6.0 and never had any issues whatsoever. In CC this is a nightmare , i even converted .mp3 to .wav and still same issues. Freezing up. Can anyone from Adobe actually tell me what is going on and how to fix this issue  ????!!!!

• 5. Re: AE CC 2014 keep freezing up
                  Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I've not had issues with those formats in CC. Try using CS6 to do your current project and see if it behaves properly.

RRRFoxy wrote:

Can anyone from Adobe actually tell me what is going on and how to fix this issue  ????!!!!

If you want help from Adobe, contact Adobe support. This is just a user-to-user forum and not an official way to get help from Adobe.