5 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2015 9:17 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 11, when selecting Windows Media Player to Render Movie program crashes

electricbean55

Able to create projects with no problem.  When a project is finished and we want to pick Windows Media for the file format, the program crashes.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 11, when selecting Windows Media Player to Render Movie program crashes
          A.T. Romano Level 7

electricbean55

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements working on?

What are the properties of your source media for this project? Brand/model/settings of camera that recorded this video would give us this information if you do not know that information.

Are you saying that these crashes only happen with the choice of Publish+Share/Computer/Windows Media? How far do you get in the selection process....

a. just clicking on Windows Media

b. just clicking on the default preset or the preset customized under the Advanced Button of the preset

c. when you hit Save to start the export

d. during the export process

e. other?

What are you computer players?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 11, when selecting Windows Media Player to Render Movie program crashes
            electricbean55 Level 1

Are you saying that these crashes only happen with the choice of Publish+Share/Computer/Windows Media? Yes How far do you get in the selection process.... You don't, it just crashes

a. just clicking on Windows Media YES

b. just clicking on the default preset or the preset customized under the Advanced Button of the preset

c. when you hit Save to start the export

d. during the export process

e. other?

What are you computer players? I am not sure what you mean by this?

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 11, when selecting Windows Media Player to Render Movie program crashes
              A.T. Romano Level 7

electricbean55

Thanks for the follow up and the additional details.

By computer players, I mean

latest version of QuickTime

Windows Media Player

VLC Player

Media Player Classic HCx64

and others

Often these players give the computer applications video and audio codecs with which to work.

If you click any of the other Publish+Share/Computer choices, do you get this type of crash?

What is your project preset and what are the properties of your source on the Timeline (that you are trying to export as .wmv file)?

If you are not sure, if you tell us the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the Timeline content, then perhaps we can get that type of information from that camera information.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 11, when selecting Windows Media Player to Render Movie program crashes
                electricbean55 Level 1

By computer players, I mean

latest version of QuickTime

Windows Media Player

VLC Player

Media Player Classic HCx64

and others

Often these players give the computer applications video and audio codecs with which to work.

All of these things are up to date.  I have 7 other computers set up the same and I can take this project and open it on another computer and it will publish just fine. I just tried it again and I got: "Export Settings are Invalid."

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 11, when selecting Windows Media Player to Render Movie program crashes
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

electricban55

Thanks for the reply.

Let me ask this just to be sure....you say that you have 7 other computers set up the same and you can take this project and open it on another computer, and it will publish just fine. As for these other computers...

In spite of that...when you installed Premiere Elements 11 on the computer in question, did you install it to the default location or did you do a custom install?

Export Settings Invalid

Problems with the same symptoms can (often due) have different causes, but please review the discussion on Export Setting Invalid in the link above.

a. Do all these computers have the same computer operating system including 32 or 64 bit system?....please remind me which computer operating system has the problem Windows Media.

b. Do they all have the same level of computer resources?

c. Do they all have Premiere Elements 11 installed? If so, how many different serial numbers are involved since Adobe allows the purchased activated serial number on no more than 2 of your computers.

d. Do they all have the same antivirus and firewall(s)?

e. Do all the computer work with an active Internet connection?

Please remind me, if you have not already mentioned it, do you get the crash if you select AVI, AVCHD, QuickTime or any other choice except Windows Media under Publish+Share/Computer/?

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR