5 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2015 11:09 AM by A.T. Romano

DIFFERENT SOUND

Mr_T

Hello,

I have different sound from camera and in the timeline.

When I play original video, the sound is ok. When I put it to the timeline and play, it is terrible. Once strong, once low.

• 1. Re: DIFFERENT SOUND
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mr_T

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

What are the properties of your source media? If you do not know, telling us the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video should give us that type of information.

Are you saying that original video (before Premiere Elements import) plays with even volume; whereas the imported audio plays with high and low spots? If not, please explain further the Premiere Elements audio volume situation.

Premiere Elements comes with volume controls. Can you edit the volume to the wanted level using the volume control and an opened Audio Meter to act as guide? (See Window Menu/Audio Meters).

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: DIFFERENT SOUND
            Mr_T Level 1

Thanks...

I think that the problem was that the original video has 5.1 sound and project does not have. I did not change project setting in the beginning.

• 3. Re: DIFFERENT SOUND
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mr_T

Thanks for analyzing the issue and coming up with an possible explanation for your audio question.

But, let us see if we can rule in or out the factor that you suggest.

Still need to know what version Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running.

Now the additional questions that become important

a. what are the properties of your 5.1 Channel/video source file that you have brought to the Timeline?

b. there are a limited number of project presets which are described for 5.1 channel and we need to see if the one that you need for video properties also includes 5.1 channel description....if not, I can tell you how to create that special video/5.1 channel project preset.

But, at this point, I am not convinced that the 5.1 channel audio in the file is at the core of your issue. But, let us see. We will not know unless we test that thought.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: DIFFERENT SOUND
                Mr_T Level 1

Hello ATR,

At first I started default project. I did not change any settings. adobe-3.png

Then I inserted two types of videos. One worked fine, The second did not work. adobe-1.pngadobe-6.png

Then I changed project settings to:

adobe-4.png

And now it is OK. I hope...

System version and PE version is:

adobe-2.png

adobe-5.png

• 5. Re: DIFFERENT SOUND
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Mr_T

Thanks for the update.

Your results point to your video audio (5.1 channel) needing a project preset which included the 5.1 audio description.

Now that you are using the preset with 5.1 channel, you will find that you can now take your Timeline content to an export with 5.1 channel audio as described in my studies in the following link.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Exporting a 1080p25 or 1080p30 file with 5.1 Channel Audio

I have other studies on Premiere Elements and import/export related to 5.1 channel. If needed, please let me know, and I will post the links to them.

Best wishes

ATR