4 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2015 9:05 AM by AndyD74

Need help saving a rendered video in Premiere Elements 13...

AndyD74

I have a rendered video that I am ready to save to my computer.  The last Premiere Elements program I had was 1.0 lol.  In 1.0, I would select to export the video as .avi and use that to burn to a dvd.  In Premiere Elements 13, "export" is grayed out.  What it looks like I need to do now is Publish the rendered video, but I don't know what to select to save it to my computer for future burning to a Blue Ray Disc.  I plan on using Nero to burn the video to BD.  Any help would be appreciated. 

• 1. Re: Need help saving a rendered video in Premiere Elements 13...
          A.T. Romano Level 7

AndyD74

File Menu/Export/Movie is last seen in Premiere Elements 7. Now File Menu/Export/Title remains.

Your export opportunities for Premiere Elements 13/13.1 are in the Publish+Share area of the program. Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, consider doing so.

What are the properties of your source media on the Timeline that is destined for Nero for your burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc?

Have you considered taking your Timeline directly to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc in Premiere Elements 13/13.1 using Publish+Share/Disc/Blu-ray?

Depending on your reply to the above, you could explore for your file....

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p___

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = M2T - H.264 1920 x 1080i or p____

Please review and consider, and supply more information so that we can fine tune the reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Need help saving a rendered video in Premiere Elements 13...
            AndyD74 Level 1

Yes, I have updated to 13.1.

The source media has one .mp4 file and two .mts files.

I don't want to take this video directly to Blue Ray because I have four more videos that I want to add to the disc when I finish editing them. 

• 3. Re: Need help saving a rendered video in Premiere Elements 13...
              A.T. Romano Level 7

AndyD74

Thanks for the reply.

The information in post 1 should give you starter information on your choice of file saved to the computer hard drive.

If you need suggestion for customizing the export settings for the files saved to the computer hard drive, please let me know the details of Timeline content

Video Compression

Audio Compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive

File Extension (already given as .mp4 and .mts)....there is no export with .mts file extension...consider .mp4 and .m2t for exports...

Pixel Aspect Ratio

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Need help saving a rendered video in Premiere Elements 13...
                AndyD74 Level 1

If I want to burn it to Blue Ray, then I need to save it as M2T, correct?