3 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2015 6:18 AM by randyklein1

Lightroom CC Crashes on every export.  Please Help

randyklein1

I've recently upgraded to Lightroom CC and upgraded my video card.  Now, every time I export, regardless of the settings, my computer crashes (I think) during the export.  It will usually export about 10-15 images, and then crash.  It doesnt crash on any particular images.  If I do the same export twice, it will crash on a different image each time.  I say I "think" it crashes, because the screen goes blank, then mouse stops working, but it looks like the computer stays on, and windows doesn't log a crash.  There isn't anything interesting in the system logs.  I've turned off all plugins, and I've tried toggling the GPU settings.  I'm at a loss on what to do next to troubleshoot.  Please help!

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC Crashes on every export.  Please Help
          fll7jkh

I'm having exactly the same problem. I'll set LR to export and it might export anything from 20 up to 100 photos for me and then the PC crashes to a black screen.

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit, a hi spec machine: 8 core, 4.00Ghz AMD FX processor, 8Gb RAM. Please help Adobe! This is now officially stopping me completing jobs and getting photos back to clients!

• 2. Re: Lightroom CC Crashes on every export.  Please Help
            randyklein1 Level 1

I should note, I'm running a machine with similar specs. Windows 8.1 with an AMD FX 8350.  Also stopping me from delivering images to clients.

System Info:

Lightroom version: CC 2015.0.1 [ 1018573 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 8.1 Business Edition

Version: 6.3 [9600]

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 4.0 GHz

Built-in memory: 16367.2 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16367.2 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 654.0 MB (3.9%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 624.3 MB

Memory cache size: 440.8 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 8

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 2560x1440

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

Check OpenGL support: Failed

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Version: 3.3.12618 Core Profile Context 13.251.9001.1001

Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 5450

LanguageVersion: 4.30

GL_MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS (actual = 32, minimum = 48)

• 3. Re: Lightroom CC Crashes on every export.  Please Help
              randyklein1 Level 1

I believe I solved my specific issue, and it wasn't lightroom.  It was my PC.  I ran Prime95 to stress test my CPU, and I had the exact same issue, computer shut down for no reason.  Which tells me that this issue is independent of LR.  It looks like the LR export was overtaxing my CPU, and shutting PC down.  Possibly overheating.  So, I played around with the BIOS settings and managed to get a working config... so far.  I've also replaced my power supply, thinking that the old 400W one wasn't powerful enough for my new video card.  For me, I think it was actually the BIOS config that fixed the issue.  Hopefully that help you.