0 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2015 11:00 AM by swissroll

Colors disappear/turn white when placing Illustrator files

swissroll

I searched through the other questions but could not find one that addressed this specific problem. If I missed it, please direct me there...

I am working on a design guideline book that uses rendered orthographic product views that were created in Illustrator. To achieve a sense of realism, some of the illustrations are complex, and feature blurs, transparency, gradients, etc. The illustrator file is saved in RGB. The working spaces are lined up between Illustrator and InDesign, and the files are saved as .ai.

When I place the file in InDesign, some (but not all) of the colors appear white/disappear from the illustration. This mostly happens in the PMS 7700 and PMS 290 range. I've tried changing some of the import options, but I haven't been able to determine why this is happening in this specific color range. I do not have this issue with any of the other products that are illustrated (other products are illustrated in light grey, dark grey/black, and green). This problem persists when I export the file as PDF, so I don't think it is just a display issue. Thoughts?