8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2015 5:30 AM by hamzas59758368

How to retreive form field values

erics45825902

I'm using Edge Animate CC 2014, and the examples I'm finding on the forums do not work. Is there something new in the latest version that replaces the following?

var messageInfo = inputMessage.attr("value");

Using the code above, does not assign the value to messageInfo. I even downloaded an example (older version) from the forum and it doesn't work.

• 1. Re: How to retreive form field values
          resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

add jquery with script lading panel.

• 2. Re: How to retreive form field values
            erics45825902 Level 1

Is there a particular jquery file I should use? Can you provide a url for me to download it from?

• 4. Re: How to retreive form field values
              erics45825902 Level 1

I tried adding both

jquery-1.11.2.min.js

and

jquery.min.js

Neither worked. Is there something else different in Edge Animate CC 2014?

• 6. Re: How to retreive form field values
                AMULI Level 4

Hi Mary,

I've got the same problem : a form which used to work doesn't anymore and

the text input field value doesn't change whatever string is typed in.

Finding this thread, I've deleted jquery-2.0.3.min.js from the edge_includes folder

and added jquery-1.11.2.min.js in the Script section of the library. This is reflected

in the …preload.js file :

Capture d’écran 2015-07-13 à 20.02.48.png

What am I doing wrong ? Maybe the loading order : the jQuery file should load first ?

Thanks.

Gil

• 7. Re: How to retreive form field values
                  resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there,

I have not tested this on 2015. Let me see what I can find.

• 8. Re: How to retreive form field values
                    hamzas59758368

Hi,

question is for edge animate cc 2015,

i downloaded the contact form in the forums and paste it to my project within a symbol "iletisim-arka" and altered the following code for my project's compositionready(just changed the sizes of the text boxes and added getSymbol to the lines), when previewed in the browser, page loads with animation, text boxes, 3 buttons and placeholders appear as they should be but it is not possible to input text and click the buttons, even hand icon does not appear when mouse moved on the buttons.

Is there a way to fix this? I added the jquery-2.0.3.min.js, jquery-1.11.2.min.js to the script pane but this does not fix it.

sym.getSymbol("iletisim-arka").$("Message").html("")

// Making input text box for each field

sym.getSymbol("iletisim-arka").$("nameBox").html("<input type='text' id='Name' placeholder='isim / soyisim'"+

" maxlength='30' dir='ltr' tabindex='1' "+

" style='background-color:white; opacity:0.6; border:1px solid white; width:195px; height:20px; padding-left:5px;'>"

)

sym.getSymbol("iletisim-arka").$("emailBox").html("<input type='email' id='EmailAddress' placeholder='eposta'"+

" maxlength='50' dir='ltr' tabindex='2' "+

" style='background-color:white; opacity:0.6; border:1px solid white; width:195px; height:20px; padding-left:5px;'>"

)

sym.getSymbol("iletisim-arka").$("phoneBox").html("<input type='tel' id='phone' placeholder='telefon'"+

" maxlength='11' dir='ltr' tabindex='3' "+

)

sym.getSymbol("iletisim-arka").$("messageBox").html("<textarea type='text' id='message' placeholder='Mesaj'"+

" maxlength='640' dir='ltr' tabindex='4' "+

" style='background-color:white; opacity:0.6; border:1px solid white; width:646px; height:295px; padding-left:5px; overflow:auto; resize:none; '>"

)

sym.getSymbol("iletisim-arka").$("submit1").html("<input type='submit' class="button" id='SendMessage' value='Submit' style='cursor:pointer; tabindex='5''>")

// Submit1 CSS Style

$("<style>.button {font-size:14px;color:#ffffff;padding:0px 25px; width:100px; height:20px; background:#272727;-moz-border-radius:10px;-webkit-border-radius:10px;border-radius:10px; }</style>").appendTo(sym.$("#Stage"))