• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install flash player!! Have tried uninstalling and all other trouble shooting options listed. The installer starts working, closes safari successfully, then shortly after, it stops installing and just states "installation failed. Click 'finish'

New Here ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Safari 8.0.5 and have a mac running OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

The issues started when entering a site that required flash. I received a message that I had to upgrade flash and when attempting to upgrade the system crashed. I then tried to uninstall and reinstall and now get the below error, which directs me back to the install site which starts the process all over again and I'm not getting anywhere!!! Please help!!!

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 2.42.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-01 at 2.39.13 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi karis20774009,

To accurately identify the issue, and help us improve the online installer experience, we would really appreciate it if you could do the following for us:

1. Perform a speed test on your internet connection.  There are a myriad of sites that do this, for example, www.speedtest.net,www.speakeasy.net/speedtest, www.dslreports.com/speedtest, and your internet provider may also have a page in their support/help section to do a speedtest.
  2. Goto Location --> ~/Librarly/Logs/Adobe_ADMLogs
  3. Upload the two log files (Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log) using the instructions posted here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1408375
  4. Reply back to this thread with the results of the download speed test and the URL to the uploaded log files.

In the mean time, the offline installer is posted at Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section should work for you.

Thank you in advance.

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines