1 Reply Latest reply on May 1, 2015 3:07 PM by Ian Lyons

Open LR 6 freestanding and Lightroom CC appears

atticus4317

I purchased LR 6 upgrade for my stand alone LR 5.7.  When I open LR 6, the initial opening panel is Lightroom creative cloud.

The upper left of the Lightroom screen also says Lightroom CC 2015.

I do have Adobe CC also on the computer purchased through a photo posting site, but don't open it.

Am I using my purchased LR 6 or am I being shunted to LR in the creative cloud where I DO NOT want to be?

I shut off the sync with CC button to decline storing my images on the CC during the install.

I do find now Lightroom app Icon in my system file but no number like in prior apps ex.  Lightroom 5.7

Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: Open LR 6 freestanding and Lightroom CC appears
          Ian Lyons MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Richard,

To install Lr 6 you are now required to first sign into  using your Adobe ID (this doubles up for activation purposes). Unfortunately, doing so means that the installer looks for an active CC subscription. If it finds one then this is given priority over the perpetual version. I suggest you just continue using the CC version until your CC subscription expires. When this happens you can just enter the Serial Number and you're good to go again. I appreciate this may not be what you wanted to be told, but it's how things are now