5 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2015 4:18 PM by Brucgovn

Installing Photoshop problems

princesskerrycolleen

I am trying to download Photoshop and Lightroom and it tells me I need to download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4, but when I attempt to at Microsoft.com nothing happens.  Any advice?

• 1. Re: Installing Photoshop problems
          Brucgovn Adobe Community Professional

This is an typical issue , please copy and paste complete error message here , so that we can provide you fix . 

• 2. Re: Installing Photoshop problems
            princesskerrycolleen Level 1

Here is the message from Photoshop-- of note, I revive no message from Microsoft, it just runs me in a loop of 'Retry'.  Also of not,  Photoshop does work without this fix, i just assume I am missing some features

Exit Code: 6

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s)

----------- Payload: Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x64) 11.0.61030.0 {3E272A93-C06B-4206-AD02-0EBE02535E20} -----------

ERROR: Third party payload installer vcredist_x64.exe failed with exit code: -2147024546

ERROR: Failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x64). Please try installing it by double clicking on the executable at "C:\Users\kerry\AppData\Local\Temp\{1C1C2471-46F2-403B-ABC2-CAD1680A1AC9}\Photoshop_15_LS 20_win64\Adobe CC 2014\payloads\Microsoft VC 2012 Redist (x64)\vcredist_x64.exe", or download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x64) from Microsoft website - www.microsoft.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3. Re: Installing Photoshop problems

Navigate to Control Panel >Programs > Programs and Features.

Locate the option :  Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x64)

Right click on it and select Uninstall option . it will open another small pop up window . click on Uninstall in that.

If prompted Restart the computer, and then uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x64)

Once you had uninstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x64),

Click on Below link and download the file named Vcredist(x64).exe and install the same .

http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/6/B/16B06F60-3B20-4FF2-B699-5E9B7962F9AE/VSU_4/vc redist_x64.exe

Then try to install Photoshop cc app again.

Let me know if you face any issue

• 4. Re: Installing Photoshop problems
                princesskerrycolleen Level 1

I think this worked!!! Thanks for the help

• 5. Re: Installing Photoshop problems

Im so glad to hear that , Princess.

You are most welcome