3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2007 5:28 PM by injpix

All links open on button press

sond007
      HI all,

I have small problem with my buttons.
      They are movie clips and theres 4 of them. I've done buttons plenty of times before, but this time when I set up the actionscript for the buttons and test it, all links are opening when one button is pressed and I don't know why????

The actionscript is just onClipEvent then get URL etc, whic usually works fine:

onClipEvent (mouseDown) {
      getURL("2d gallery.html", "_blank");
      }

Plz help anyone

Sonder!!
        • 1. Re: All links open on button press
          injpix Level 3
          I would put the following on the frame where the movieclip resides.
          my_mc.onPress = function () {
          getURL("2d gallery.html", "_blank");
          }

Where ‘my_mc’ is the instance name of the movieclip. The onClipEvent is a global function that will get invoked regardless if the user is actually clicking on a specific movieclip.
          • 2. Re: All links open on button press
            sond007 Level 1
            Hi there,

Thx for the reply, I've tried it with and without script assist and it doesn't work, it's very strange cos I have a previos file where I used the standard code on 4 different buttons and it worked finw, but I don't know why it's not working now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sonder!!
            • 3. Re: All links open on button press
              injpix Level 3
              Hmm…put a trace statement in that onPress function and see if it traces anything. Again, the code I posted must be in the timeline where that movieclip resides and NOT inside the actually movieclip. Also make sure that the instance name is the correct.