5 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2015 9:20 PM by Fdisk6667

just want lighroom6 upgrade

Fdisk6667

I just want to upgrade Lightroom 5 to 6 standalone.

Is this possible seem to be forced into signing and agreeing to CC when I tried to sign into adobe site

• 1. Re: just want lighroom6 upgrade
          Ian Lyons MVP & Adobe Community Professional

To purchase Lightroom 6 Upgrade or Full version click on this link Adobe

Purchase Adobe Perpetual License Products

If you don’t live in the USA click on the ‘Choose your region‘ button in bottom left corner then click on ‘Buy‘ button. The next screen will open. Pick ‘Upgrade‘ or ‘Full‘ and ‘Mac’ or ‘Windows’ then ‘Add to Cart’. The rest should be self explanatory

• 2. Re: just want lighroom6 upgrade
            Fdisk6667 Level 1

Thank You for your help.

Downloading Now

• 3. Re: just want lighroom6 upgrade
              Fdisk6667 Level 1

OK

Got the download file got serial etc.

Then go to install what would normally be simple.

Have been stuck on the sign in screen now for at least 10 min, there is no options for me so got no idea what the problem would be.

Read this post on a update to 6 issue with no real answer from Adobe!

So begs to question if I had no internet no install!!!

All this after you have my money!

• 4. Re: just want lighroom6 upgrade
                Ian Lyons MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Chris,

Can you post a screenshot of where your stuck. Also, can you confirm that you have an Adobe ID. You must have one or create one before Lightroom will install as anything other than a trial, and even installing that is a nightmare.

• 5. Re: just want lighroom6 upgrade
                  Fdisk6667 Level 1

Hi Ian

I have an login

It took me a hour plus to install.

I have ESET as firewall running in interactive mode this may have blocked a communication with the server but did not see a popup asking for a connection. I did not have this trouble installing previous version.

After installing i had a application manager shortcut on my desktop, after clicking this it updated again to CC anyway long story short while this was going on windows did updated and there after would not boot.

Start up repair failed and I restored last known good config F9 during boot.

I admit this might not all be Adobe but I am going to stick with 5  even though I have paid for 6.

The few functions 6 bring I can use Microsoft ICE.

I thought I was just getting a update with key as I had before, I hate the way Adobe is basically forcing people to adopt CC

Chris