• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I launch new file at the end of current file?

Explorer ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Captivate 8.  I post my completed files on Cornerstone.

Currently I have three lessons that must be launched manually from Cornerstone.  At the end of lesson 1, I would like to launch lesson 2.  I would prefer some kind of button that says "Would you like to proceed to the next lesson?"  If yes, lesson 2 would launch.  I know this is probably an easy question for some but I can't get it to work.  Do I need to publish file 3 first, then work backward to file 1?  What else do I need to know/do?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is typically a functionality that you set up by the LMS, not in Captivate. I wonder if it is not possible to do that in Cornerstone, which I never used myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use the functionality that is found in the Preferences menu under Start and End.  It says I can link to another project.  Scroll down to see the message I get when I publish.  I am not sure exactly what from the output of file 2 that it wants me to include in the output of file 1 or how to export it to get it there.  Sorry.  Newbie to this functionality.

Publish Settings.png

Here is the message I get when I publish (SCORM output)

HTML Message.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I think at issue is that when you launch a Captivate course from a LMS, at the moment the course is launched, a conversation ensues between the Captivate and the LMS. So if the Captivate were able to launch another Captivate at the end, there would not be the ability to have the second Captivate actually "talk" to the LMS, because it would only know about the first Captivate.

However, I'm no "LMS Guru" and will have to defer to Lieve and others to say for certain whether my understanding is correct or flawed.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They can talk just the same, you just want to make sure that there isn't more than one initialize command. Both files would be able to find the API just the same. We have many courses that have a bunch of html pages strung together to make up a SCO.

Not sure how Captivate would bookmark, it may do it OK since it knows there is another project. Both projects would need to be published to SCORM.

The message is just saying that you should ensure that the linked files are in the path that CP is warning about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources