2 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2015 3:10 PM by LR_Mowang

Problem exiting Lightroom 6

LR_Mowang Level 1

Ever since installing Lightroom 6 I have had a problem with a clean exit. When I choose File > Exit>  I get the error window saying there was an issue with Lightroom and do I want to close the program. This happens about 50% of the time. The other times it seems to work cleanly.  When looking at the error information I get the Following:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    Adobe QT32 Server.exe

Application Version:    8.0.0.0

Application Timestamp:    535600cc

Fault Module Name:    QuickTime.qts_unloaded

Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp:    542dbdf4

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Offset:    5e2bccf9

OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    0a9e

Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3:    0a9e

Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I have tried to re-install Lightroom 6 and the problem continues to occur. I am not having any other problems with the system or programs and this started with LR6.  This is running on a Windows 7 Pro OS.  Oh... I have even upgrade my video drivers.

Others having this issue or any ideas??

• 1. Re: Problem exiting Lightroom 6
          Alain Capéran Level 1

Hi,

obviously it's a problem with Quicktime have you install it? It's needed by Lightroom if you want to use video.

Check to re-install or uninstall QuickTime? And it seems that you don't have the last version.

It's an awful software under windows, I never install it on my actual system (windows 7).

• 2. Re: Problem exiting Lightroom 6
            LR_Mowang Level 1

Thanks...

I did have some video and it seemed to work fine within Lightroom.  I checked Quicktime and found it was failing after executing and would not even come in a standalone mode. Re-installed and now Quicktime works..  I have not had the problem with Lightroom since..  hope this has been the fix...  thanks again.