8 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2015 1:36 PM by A.T. Romano

DVD burn issue

donm26210672

I have Premiere Elements 13 and up till now have had no problem burning DVDs. Now it says the DVD burn is interrupted and advises me to use the ISO image instead.

• 1. Re: DVD burn issue
          A.T. Romano Level 7

donm

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do so.

Do you get any specific message why the burn to DVD has failed? Are you doing a burn to disc DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc or AVCHD format on DVD disc? Does your project have Movie Menus? If so, which one? How many menu markers, what kind of menu makers, any stop marker at the end of the Timeline content?

When you have your DVD disc in the burner tray, what does the burn dialog's Quality Area show for Space Required and Bitrate immediately before you hit the Burn button?

Very important, please look at the burn to process with and without the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher preferences disabled in Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

Please review and consider. Based on the details of your reply, we will decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...when the burn to disc fails and detours you to the saved .iso image, do you find the .iso image and is it functional? Can you use burn to folder will success?

• 2. Re: DVD burn issue
            donm26210672 Level 1

I am using Windows 7. I have version 13.1 of Premiere Elements. My project has a template menu with 5 markers and 4 stops. I am burning to a Dolby DVD. It says space required 787mb (Bitrate 8.00 MPS). The error message says DVD burn interrupted. Something is preventing a successful DVD burn. Use the ISO image saved at the following location to burn your disk later. I have tried burning with the Intel Graphics disabled without success.

I have tried to burn an ISO image without success so far.

• 3. Re: DVD burn issue
              donm26210672 Level 1

I am using Windows 7. I have version 13.1 of Premiere Elements. My project has a template menu with 5 markers and 4 stops. I am burning to a Dolby DVD. It says space required 787mb (Bitrate 8.00 MPS). The error message says DVD burn interrupted. Something is preventing a successful DVD burn. Use the ISO image saved at the following location to burn your disk later. I have tried burning with the Intel Graphics disabled without success.

I have tried to burn an ISO image without success so far.

• 4. Re: DVD burn issue
                A.T. Romano Level 7

donm

Thanks for the follow up and looking at the suggestions for the burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc issue.

Are you confirming that you do not have a stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline. That is an important point. Because a stop marker is not needed at the end of the last item on the TImeline and, if there, causes many burn to disc problems.

Please let us know is this a "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before" issue.

We will be watching for your reply to the latest questions and then we can decide what to do next in the troubleshooting of the issue.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: DVD burn issue
                  donm26210672 Level 1

I do not have a stop marker at the end of the project.

I have since sucessfuly burned DVDs of projects both with and without menus so I think the problem lies with the project. The project is only about 12 minutes long with 5 scenes. I deleted the last 3 scenes and managed to burn a DVD. Any idea why the original project will not successfully burn to a DVD?

When it is unsuccessful it says that it has burned an ISO image of the project for me to use. Where is this located? It is not in my Documents folder, which seems to be the default.

Thanks

DM

• 6. Re: DVD burn issue
                    donm26210672 Level 1

I have cleared all the markers and re-installed them and managed to successfuly burn the DVD, so I suspect the problem lay in the position of the menu markers.

DM

• 7. Re: DVD burn issue
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

donm

Thanks for the update.

As for the save location of the iso from the failed burn to disc,

a. look at typically default location - if you have not already...

Libraries

Documents

or

Libraries

Documents

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder look for the .iso file included with the folders and project.file

There is the likelihood that the .iso was not really produced. That typically results is the preference Intel HD Graphics 2000 or Higher is not set right, either disabled when it should be enabled or enabled when it should be disabled.

Open the project to the Expert workspace and expand the Timeline using the -+ slider above the Timeline - opened all tracks which are used or unused and look for
                      a. leftovers - whole clips or fragments of clips (could be seen as thin vertical black lines scattered among the track content)

b. gaps

c. title and transition placement

d. placement of those Timeline menu markers if you left them when you did the with and without menus

What were the properties of those last 3 scenes that you deleted and ended with successful burn to disc?

Let us review the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: DVD burn issue
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

donm

I did not see your post 6 until I had posted 7. Great news. Great job. Very pleased to learn of your success.

Hope all is well now. If any further questions or need clarification on your Premiere Elements workflows, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

ATR