7 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2015 11:36 AM by JimHess

Where is the EXE file of Camera Raw?

Mopsi Leet Level 1

Since Adobe Bridge doesn't offer me to choose Camera Raw as primary program for pictures, I need to set the path to the exe file to get my wish to open Camera Raw on double clicking a photo and not Photoshop CS6.

I've a CS6 suite and can't find an EXE file for Camera Raw.

Can anybody help?

• 1. Re: Where is the EXE file of Camera Raw?
          Yammer Level 4

There isn't an exe file. It's an 8bi Adobe File Format plug-in for Bridge and Photoshop.

In CS6, it lives here: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS6\File Formats"

What happens when you Ctrl-R on an image in Bridge?

• 2. Re: Where is the EXE file of Camera Raw?
            Mopsi Leet Level 1

Bah, what a pity.

But thanks for the clarification.

Ctrl+R opens Camera Raw, as does rightclick > Open with Camera Raw...

I'm more the clicker and to have Camera Raw open my pic when double clicking it would be my natural comfortable way.

Another flaw from Adobe ^^

An off-topic question... does Lightroom have the same settings in Camera Raw as Photoshop/Bridge?

Photoshop Elements comes with a (for me) unusable crippled version (no lens correction tab among other missing things). So I wondered how it is with Lr.

I assume pics in Lr open with Camera Raw by default.

Since I've a DSLR I don't use Photoshop for correction anymore, Camera Raw is enough (well and I use Bridge for tagging).

• 3. Re: Where is the EXE file of Camera Raw?
              Yammer Level 4

bridge.jpg

Have you checked this Bridge preference (Ctrl-K)?

Mopsi Leet wrote:

An off-topic question... does Lightroom have the same settings in Camera Raw as Photoshop/Bridge?

As far as I know, equivalent versions (e.g. ACR 8 & LR 5, or ACR 9 & LR 6) of Camera Raw and Lightroom have exactly the same functionality, although the controls are slightly different.

• 4. Re: Where is the EXE file of Camera Raw?
                Mopsi Leet Level 1

No I haven't tried it, as it says it edits the Camera Raw settings.

Checked it and it doesn't edit the settings, it opens the pic in Camera Raw.

Nice

Thank you

• 5. Re: Where is the EXE file of Camera Raw?
                  Yammer Level 4

Mopsi Leet wrote:

No I haven't tried it, as it says it edits the Camera Raw settings.

Checked it and it doesn't edit the settings, it opens the pic in Camera Raw.

Nice

Thank you

It's the same, just worded differently. You don't edit a Raw image, you edit its develop settings.

• 6. Re: Where is the EXE file of Camera Raw?
                    Mopsi Leet Level 1

It's not the same.

Camera Raw is the program and it does have setting to edit in the edit menu.

• 7. Re: Where is the EXE file of Camera Raw?
                      JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Freestanding programs on the Windows platform have extension of  exe. Camera Raw does not have an executable form. It is designed as a plug-in to work in conjunction with Bridge or Photoshop. The equivalent of the Camera Raw functionality in an executable program is Lightroom.