5 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2015 4:48 PM by A.T. Romano

Immagine su icona del file video in risorse del computer

Marco Scagliotti

Ciao a tutti,

utilizzo Adobe Premiere Elements 12 ed o questo problema:

all'inizio del filmato ho inserito un'immagine fissa,

dopo aver salvo il filmato, nell'icona presente in risorse del computer, mi compare il primo fotogramma del video e non l'immagine fissa che ho inserito all'inizio del filmato,

come posso fare?

Grazie

Marco

• 1. Re: Immagine su icona del file video in risorse del computer
          A.T. Romano Level 7

marco scagliotti

As I understand the question from the translation, you want to control what you see in a video's thumbnail on the computer hard drive Windows Explorer. Is that correct? Or are you referring to video thumbnail within the Premiere Elements 12 Editor or Elements Organizer 12? On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running?

Earlier versions of Premiere Elements allowed for setting "poster frame" for the thumbnail used in project media. But that feature seems to have been discontinued in later versions. Premiere Elements 9/9.0.1 appears to be the last version where you could create a "poster frame" for your video within the program. To do that, in project media list view, right click a blank area, select View/View Area to see the poster frame option. I do not recall if the frame set there was retained in the export's thumbnail on the hard drive save location.

Please review and consider and then let us know if you have questions about what I have written.

ATR

Add On....Have you updated your Premiere Elements 12 to 12.1 yet? If not, please consider doing that.

• 2. Re: Immagine su icona del file video in risorse del computer
            Marco Scagliotti Level 1

Grazie per la risposta,

ho cercato di tradurre il tutto,

provo a dare le informazioni richieste:

• il tutto è riferito alla miniatura che compare in windows explorer

• Sistema operativo Windows 8.1 64bit con media center
            • Adobe Premiere Elements 12 (versione 12.1)

Spero di avere fornito informazioni utili,

Grazie per l'aiuto

Marco

• 3. Re: Immagine su icona del file video in risorse del computer
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Marco Scagliotti

What is the video properties and file extension?

Please read the following thread which was written in September 2014 with Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

How do I set the thumbnail image of my videos that export to my computer?  I'm using Premiere Elements 11 on a windows 8.1 PC 64bit.

There was no follow up to that thread, but it might give you some things to explore.

In addition, please explore the Media Preview to determine if use of this will resolve any of your Windows 8.1 64 bit thumbnail issues.

Media Preview Shows Explorer Thumbnails For Most Video And Audio Formats

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Immagine su icona del file video in risorse del computer
                Marco Scagliotti Level 1

Grazie per la risposta,

cosa si intende per proprietà del video?

il file è un mpeg (*.mpg).

Marco

• 5. Re: Immagine su icona del file video in risorse del computer
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Marco

Thank you for the relies.

From what you have written so far, do we agree that you are looking for certain images in thumbnails in Windows Explorer or as it is called in Windows 8.1 64 bit File Explorer?

Microsoft with its Windows 8 and 8.1 64 bit has a problem with its Windows Media Player and MPEG2.mpg files.

If the thumbnail issue is in the computer operating system, please see my previous comments in post 3. And, it might be to your advantage to post your question in the Microsoft Forum.

If the thumbnail issue is in Premiere Elements itself, then the situation is what it is. There appears to be no control over what frame of a video will be displayed in the thumbnail within the Premiere Elements project/program.

Are you seeing this

In the Windows 8.1 64 bit File Explorer or within the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and/or Elements Organizer 12/12.1?

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR