3 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2015 7:32 AM by robwood2

lightroom 5 updated to cc but no photos copied over to cc

robwood2 Level 1

Hi

I updated to the new Lightroom CC from 5 on the Lightroom CC page as a download not an update as the LR 5 wouldn't update to CC from the creative cloud, so now none of my photos/files have been moved to the new Lightroom CC. Do i need to uninstall Lightroom CC ?

I did notice that when i registered with Photoshop CC when i downloaded it i never noticed that i was registered as a U.S and not U.K, so i changed it in my account settings to the U.K, but saw a comment noticing that you need to have the country that you registered as to update any of the photoshop / lightroom / bridge etc to the latest update.

It now says in my creative cloud that i have updated Lightroom CC and not downloaded it, gosh this is confusing lol.

Please can you tell me what i need to do to have all my photos from LR 5 copied over to LR CC please.

Many thanks

Tracey

• 1. Re: lightroom 5 updated to cc but no photos copied over to cc
          D.A.R Adobe Community Professional

Launch LRCC and select File > Open Catalog.

Choose the catalog you want t work with. (The last version 5 catalog)

Lightroom will prompt to upgrade the catalog. Go ahead. Done.

Note that none of your images are copied anywhere. Lightroom simply builds a LRCC catalog.

• 2. Re: lightroom 5 updated to cc but no photos copied over to cc
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When you first started Lightroom CC it should have prompted you to update your catalog. And you should have allowed Lightroom to do that. If you didn't see that option, in Lightroom go to File->Open Recent. It should list the catalog that you have been using. Choose that catalog, and you will be prompted to allow Lightroom to create an updated copy. After this process completes, all of the work you have done in Lightroom 5 will be seen in Lightroom CC.

Remember that your images are not "in" Lightroom. The catalog is the key element to managing and editing your images. So you need to be able to open and convert your old catalog. This will leave the Lightroom 5 catalog intact and accessible by Lightroom 5 if you choose to keep it installed on your computer.

• 3. Re: lightroom 5 updated to cc but no photos copied over to cc
              robwood2 Level 1

Hi

Thank you very much for your help its all done now and the husband is happy again lol. He's not a computer person bless him  .

Thanks again sweet.

Tracey x