1 Reply Latest reply on May 3, 2015 7:06 AM by F. McLion

Safe To Uninstall Lightroom v5.7?

G-ManX

I have a subscription to Creative Cloud and use it to manage all my Adobe products (installs /updates). One of the applications I have installed, but rarely use yet is Photoshop Lightroom 5.7. I recently installed an upgrade from a Cloud notification to Photoshop Lightroom CC (2015).

However, I noticed the upgrade process left Lightroom 5.7 installed but no longer displays it as being installed from within the Creative Cloud Control Panel (manager).

I do not know much about Lightroom yet as I am just learning and have only poked around a bit and pointed it at a few photo libraries. My question is, since I do not have much setup/configuration invested in the 5.7 version, is it okay to uninstall it via Windows Control Panel since I now have the CC version installed?

I really don’t know why Adobe left the 5.7 version when I consider the CC version an upgrade. Or will I find I wished I kept both installed? Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Safe To Uninstall Lightroom v5.7?
          F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yup. Your data is left in place even if you remove 5.7.

The older version is only removed for minor upgrades (i.e. 5.6 -> 5.7). Full versions are left in place.

I suspect, LR CC 2015 has imported and upgraded your LR 5 catalog. If yes, you might even consider to backup and remove the LR5 catalog if you care about disk space. You can always remove the preview folder anyway.