2 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2015 10:27 PM by Simon Southlight

Resolution of preview pane

Simon Southlight Level 1

Poor resolution in preview pane above timeline of jpg stills & timelapse video clip, even after rendering - help?

• 1. Re: Resolution of preview pane
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Simon Southlight

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

What have you (manually) or the project (automatically) set for the project preset?

What is the resolution of the jpg stills that you have imported to the Timeline? How many jpg stills involved?

What are the properties of this timelapse video and where was it created? I looking especially for video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio.

When you talk about "preview pane", are you referring to the Edit area Monitor or the Project Window that opens when you double click a file in the project media area or on the Timeline?

If Edit area monitor, do you get better previewing after you right click this monitor, select Playback settings followed by Highest instead of Automatic/

How do you have the Timeline rendering quality set in Edit Menu/Preferences/General?

What is your intended export for this project?

Please review, consider, and supply more information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Resolution of preview pane
            Simon Southlight Level 1

Adobe Elements 12 ver 12.1 on iMac running latest Yosemite 10.10.2

Project preset auto or manual, NTSC or PAL - ( no difference )- QuickTime

DV NTSC, 29.97 frames/second, etc.

Jpg stills (in test video) only a few & I have tried 1500px wide, 2500px

wide - no difference - crummy preview pane

Time lapse video made up from Nikon D7100 basic jps. Video compression,

etc. I have changed anything & just imported as sequenced images in APE

Yes the preview pane is simply the edit area above the timeline. When

playing the timeline, the image is the same - crummy.

No change in appearance if I right click & change from highest to auto or

back.

Timeline render in preferences is default "High quality, Slow speed"

Intended export is Vimeo HD

Thanks Simon

Simon Hoyle - get the big picture

www.southlight.co.nz

tel 04 562 7200    mob/txt 027 562 7200

Southlight Studio, 614 Marine Drive, Days Bay,

Lower Hutt, New Zealand 5013

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 10:45 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>