1 Reply Latest reply on May 9, 2006 4:01 PM by Newsgroup_User

login server issue

sbryner Level 1
      Hello,

I'm trying to figure out forms and decided to tackle this login/registration tutorial in DW8.
      I purchased the DW8 bundle w/ flash, contribute... the works.

It appears I have to set up a Testing Server just on my computer (local) to at least get the basics down
      of server behaviors. I don't know what is best to use .asp, .php, .cfm?
      I don't have a hosting agent, though I'm looking at startlogic.com to host my site.

I also don't know if the bundle comes w/ coldfusion. I have stuff on my computer for cold fusion
      but not sure if it is running when I'm working with DW8.

Is it simple to set up the server or is there an easy way to just view it on my cpu? I'm running
      windows xp professional sp2

I feel stuck and stressed instead of just having fun and learning this stuff.

any help with setting up the server or another way to do this so I can do the tutorial or even
      use server behaviors would help. I'm going to start from scratch... again w/ just a first name,
      last name, submit...

thanks,
      sky
        • 1. Re: login server issue
          Level 7
          I just posted this link a few minutes ago on another thread:

http://www.webmasterstop.com/86.html .

That will walk you through setting up your apache server, PHP and MySQL. I
          personally use PHP and LOVE it. As to "which language" should you use - I'd
          definitly see what your host (even though you don't have one yet) offers.
          Personally - I really love http://www.1and1.com , I've been using them for
          over two years now and they've been nothing but helpful and great.

Hope everything works out, Sky.

--
          Shane H
          shane@NOSPAMavenuedesigners.com
          http://www.avenuedesigners.com

"sbryner" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e3r5b4$f52$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hello,
          >
          > I'm trying to figure out forms and decided to tackle this
          > login/registration
          > tutorial in DW8.
          > I purchased the DW8 bundle w/ flash, contribute... the works.
          >
          > It appears I have to set up a Testing Server just on my computer (local)
          > to at
          > least get the basics down
          > of server behaviors. I don't know what is best to use .asp, .php, .cfm?
          > I don't have a hosting agent, though I'm looking at startlogic.com to host
          > my
          > site.
          >
          > I also don't know if the bundle comes w/ coldfusion. I have stuff on my
          > computer for cold fusion
          > but not sure if it is running when I'm working with DW8.
          >
          > Is it simple to set up the server or is there an easy way to just view it
          > on
          > my cpu? I'm running
          > windows xp professional sp2
          >
          > I feel stuck and stressed instead of just having fun and learning this
          > stuff.
          >
          > any help with setting up the server or another way to do this so I can do
          > the
          > tutorial or even
          > use server behaviors would help. I'm going to start from scratch... again
          > w/
          > just a first name,
          > last name, submit...
          >
          > thanks,
          > sky
          >