1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 11, 2007 2:25 PM by Newsgroup_User

Printing with Print XTra

wilsoneto
      Hello I have a Full Screen Flash application for Kiosk... I have a serious problem, I need to print some text placed at this Flash content... Using ActionScript I could do that but it always shows the Print Dialog Box from the Operating System and I dont want that...

At the Flash Forum some people told me to Use Director and its Print Xtra... But... What is that, where can I study it and the most important, how it integrates with my flash application? It is xtra scripts that i can use in my Action Scripts??

Every help is appreciatted!! Thanks
      Wilson
        • 1. Re: Printing with Print XTra
          Level 7
          My guess is that they were referring to the Print-O-Matic xtra that you
          can purchase to work with Director. I've never used it with a Flash
          application, but you can print just about anything any way you want it
          with Director. You can print what's on the screen, or print hidden
          fields and images. You can check out all the xtra is capable of at
          http://www.printomatic.com/products.cfm?page=1 and see if you think it
          will work for your application.

wilsoneto wrote:
          > Hello I have a Full Screen Flash application for Kiosk... I have a serious
          > problem, I need to print some text placed at this Flash content... Using
          > ActionScript I could do that but it always shows the Print Dialog Box from the
          > Operating System and I dont want that...
          >
          >
          > At the Flash Forum some people told me to Use Director and its Print Xtra...
          > But... What is that, where can I study it and the most important, how it
          > integrates with my flash application? It is xtra scripts that i can use in my
          > Action Scripts??
          >
          > Every help is appreciatted!! Thanks
          > Wilson
          >