3 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2015 1:37 PM by miker12942700

How do I crop a video clip In Adobe premier elements 13?

miker12942700

Hey guys how you been?

How do I crop of video clip In Adobe premier elements 13?

Thank you,

• 1. Re: How do I crop a video clip In Adobe premier elements 13?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Use the Crop effect (under the Effects button on the Action Bar that runs along the bottom of the program).

However, do note that video doesn't crop the same way photos do. When you crop a photo, you change the size and shape of the photo itself. When you crop a video, you only change the size and shape of the CLIP. The project size and video frame dimensions remain the same.

• 2. Re: How do I crop a video clip In Adobe premier elements 13?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

miker

Hope all is going well with your projects. Just saw your question about cropping video in Premiere Elements 13/13.1.

Just some supplemental thoughts for the feature found under Expert workspace's fx Effects/Transform/Crop

1. Did you know that you can keyframe the crop effect across the duration of the video clip? When you go to edit the applied crop effect in Applied Effects/Applied Effects Palette/Crop Panel expanded, note the Toggle Animation icon in the Crop Panel above its slider controls. Have you gotten into the concept of keyframing different video properties so that they vary across the duration of the clip rather than being applied to the whole clip?

2. I find photo and video crop techniques are the same - Top, Left, Right, Bottom crops.

a. If you apply the crop effect to whole video, the crop applies to the whole video, not just a particular scene you happen to have your Timeline Indicator on while you are doing the cropping. However, if you are keyframing the crop effect that is another story.

b. In contrast, if you crop a still, what you crop is what you get; there is only one image there.

In view of the prior comments, I am not sure if that was what was meant.

Please explore and experiment with the Crop Effect and editing of it under the Applied Effects Tab/, and, any questions after that, please let us know.

CropTool.JPG

If you do not want black borders in the cropped image/clip, you can explore the Zoom option in the Crop Panel expanded or scaling the cropped image/clip in the Edit area monitor.

Also...

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/effects-reference.html#transform

ATR

• 3. Re: How do I crop a video clip In Adobe premier elements 13?
              miker12942700 Level 1

Great job.  Thank you Steve!!!

Thank you,

Michael Rogozinski

(Shop office)     215-288-4000

(Mobile phone)  215-431-9289

e-mail rogo321@gmail.com

www.absolutehomeremodeling.com

<http://www.cabinetmakerscustombuilt-inbookcases.com>

www.cabinetmakerscustombuilt-inbookcases.com

http://picasaweb.google.com/rogo321

www.absolutehomeremodeling.blogspot.com

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential,

legally privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If

you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any

disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained

herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although

this transmission and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus

or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is

received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure

that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Michael

Rogozinski managing member of Rog Millwork,LLC., its subsidiaries and

affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from

its use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately

contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in

electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 1:09 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>