2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2015 2:46 AM by guideline admin

Indesign server license expiry date

Parihar Level 1

How to know the license expiry date for indesign server??

• 1. Re: Indesign server license expiry date
          d.e.s

Hello Parihar,

have you been successful in finding the InDesign CC Server expiration date?

After trial period I've registered the server using the serial number like this:

adobe_prtk.exe --tool=Serialize --leid=V7{}InDesignServer-11-Win-GM --serial=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx --adobeid=xx.yy@zz.com 

Return code was 0, which looked promising.

The doc says one should have a look into %temp%\oobelib.log to see if the registration is successful, but the output of this logfile is not very clear in my eyes.

InDesign server itself seems to be running fine, but I'd like to be sure and would love to know the exact expiration day of the license.

Do you know if I have to activate the license like described here: Common Deployment Options and Methods — Enterprise Administration Guide?

Kind regards

Andreas

• 2. Re: Indesign server license expiry date
            guideline admin

Andreas (and Parihar),

did you find a solution to find the status of the license yet?

I installed a trial version first, worked fine so we purchased the license and installed it as described.

I got 'return code 0', does this means all is ok?

When I check the log file I see a lot of strange lines, but none telling the license is ok and installed, none to tell me there was a problem neither.

Somewhere there must be a way to check this.

kr

Arno