• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add a second computer to my account?

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I add a second computer to my account?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Your single license allows you to have two active installations, meaning you can have it installed and enabled on two machines.  You can have the software installed on as many machines as you like, but only two of them can be in an activated state at a given time.

As far as using the two machines at the same time goes, the jury is currently out on that - I had the question in for clarification but did not get a response yet.  They recently rewrote the license agreement and the portion that explic

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just install your software on it and enable/activate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to download. I mean, what are the requirements from adobe? does it cost extra to add a computer on your account?  I really want to know what adobe's policies are for adding a second computer before I go out and buy one. There is nowhere on the adobe site under my account that answers or addresses that question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your single license allows you to have two active installations, meaning you can have it installed and enabled on two machines.  You can have the software installed on as many machines as you like, but only two of them can be in an activated state at a given time.

As far as using the two machines at the same time goes, the jury is currently out on that - I had the question in for clarification but did not get a response yet.  They recently rewrote the license agreement and the portion that explicitly stated you cannot use the two at the same time was either removed or relocated somewhere else that I have yet to find.

If you mean that you want to have another machine licensed for someone else to use then you need to buy a new license for that other person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ned. That is very helpful to know. I just wanted a laptop to work when I travel, so the use of both at the same time is not really an issue for me at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know if Craig's response is valid, partly because I am not sure what he is considering as "logged in" and partly because there has been contention regarding the use of two machines simultaneously.  I do not know of anything that logs off one of the two installations if you happen to be accessing the software on both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ned -- eessntialy I was stating the same as you above "You can have the software installed on as many machines as you like, but only two of them can be in an activated state at a given time."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am trying to add another computer but when I try to it says "Buy Now" - so how do I install it if I rent it monthly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may add it however you may only be logged into your Creative Cloud account on one machine at a time. In most cases if you are logged into more than one it will log you off the other machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That answers my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines