What version?

• 2. Re: adobe premiere
            krystlea78377201 Level 1

Sent from my iPhone

• 3. Re: adobe premiere
              A.T. Romano Level 7

krystlea

The answers are in the details.

So far we know that you are have problems "splitting video"  and "saving it" in Premiere Elements 13. That is not enough information for us to help you. Please tell us

1. On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates. If not, please consider doing that.

2. What is your project preset? If you do not know, please tell us the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

3. What are the properties of your video that you have imported into Premiere Elements for splitting? And, how are you doing this splitting -

a. Ctrl+K at spot of Timeline Indicator

b. Scissors tab in stem of Timeline Indicator

c. Trimming the clip in the Preview Windows which has the Set In and Set Out points?

What are the specific problems that you are having splitting the video?

What are the specific problems that you are having "saving" the video? When you refer to "saving", do you mean saving the project file to the computer hard drive in between editing sessions or exporting the Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard drive?

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next based on the details of your reply.

If you have any questions and need clarification on any of the above, do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: adobe premiere
                krystlea78377201 Level 1

Hello,

My computer is running on windows 7.. Yes i recently did the update. When i go to file and export that feature is greyed out i also tried generating the code and it wont let me  hit "ok" as that is greyed out as well. 

Please see the below attachment.

Thank you for your time,

Krystle M. Amodeo

• 5. Re: adobe premiere
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

krystelea

Thanks for the reply with the additional information.

Just in case message...are you trying to export your Timeline content using the workspace's File Menu/Export? Premiere Elements 7 is the last version of the program to have File Menu/Export/Movie. In later versions, the File Menu/Export was designed only for title saving. If you need to export your video, the export choices are found in the Publish+Share/ section of the program.

In you post 4, you referred to "Please see the below attachment." For some reason, the attachment did not get posted with your reply. Could you try again after reviewing the following

The specified item was not found.

Do you have any requirements for the type of file that you want to export to the computer hard drive....MPEG, AVI, Windows Media, AVCHD, XAVC-S, QuickTime?

ATR

• 6. Re: adobe premiere
                    krystlea78377201 Level 1

Yea I was trying to save it to my computer. I need it saved so I can upload onto the company's website.

Sent from my iPhone

• 7. Re: adobe premiere
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

krystlea

Thanks for the reply, but please supply details.

Assuming that you explored Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD, QuickTIme, or Windows Media)......

Did you get an error message when you selected an export choice and hit Save? Success or failure on the file needed for the web site is going to be influenced by how you set up the project, what you brought into the project, and your choice of export in the Publish+Share/ section of the program.

One example.....If you have a 1920 x 1080p project, and 1920 x 1080p import, you want 1920 x 1080p export settings. However, the export settings may need to balance file size, quality in bitrate whether 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720, or other are required for the export. I would suggest a H.264.mp4 (AVCHD.mp4) export. Or, if file size is critical, then look at Publish+Share/Computer/Windows Media. Once I know the details of your situation, I can give you step by step how to.

Not all troubleshooting fits all. So please, information on project settings, properties of source media, properties of export to file which will eventually get uploaded to your web site. Have you done any of this before? Is this the first time for creating a file in Premiere Elements for your web site?

ATR