4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2007 6:24 AM by VG24

FDS + Spring error

VG24
      Hi,

I am getting an error when I try to use server tag to configure fill and sync methods in data-management-config.xml.
      I am using FDS, Spring and JBoss. Am I missing anything?

Config:

<properties>
      <source>userTypeBean</source>
      <factory>spring</factory>
      <use-transactions>false</use-transactions>
      <auto-sync-enabled>true</auto-sync-enabled>
      <metadata>
      <identity property="userTypeID"/>
      </metadata>
      <network>
      <session-timeout>20</session-timeout>
      <paging enabled="false" pageSize="10"/>
      <throttle-inbound policy="ERROR" max-frequency="500"/>
      <throttle-outbound policy="REPLACE" max-frequency="500"/>
      </network>

<server>
      <fill-method>
      <name>fill</name>
      </fill-method>
      <fill-method>
      <name>fill</name>
      <params>java.lang.String</params>
      </fill-method>
      </server>

</properties>

Error: flex.messaging.config.ConfigurationException: Unused tags in <properties> found. Please fix them before continuing:
      ‘/server/fill-method’ in destination with id: ‘userType’ from file: data-management-config.xml
        • 1. Re: FDS + Spring error
          sanbom
          Hi
          I am getting the same error > I Guess no one has posted the solution for this
          • 2. Re: FDS + Spring error
            peuga
            i'm having the same problem... can't find the solution anywhere. hope this will be resolved soon.
            cheers
            andre
            • 3. Re: FDS + Spring error
              austinm3
              I was having this same problem and spent most of this afternoon tracking it down. It seems the problem arises from the fact that the factory instance doesn't touch the fill, sync, etc methods. For some reason, flex interprets not using certain properties of a ConfigMap object as a fatal however which seems a little odd.

In this case though, it is correct because the sync and fill methods actually aren't getting set on the underlying java adapter. This isn't a problem if you use the the Assembler approach, but it is if you obviously.

I found two fixes one is to get the data adapter for the current instance in the SpringFactoryInstance constructor and initiliaze it with the properties ConfigMap so it will set its syncMethodProperty and the fill-method to its fillMethodProperties list. This prevents the properties from showing up in the unused properties of the ConfigMap and so the error is no longer called and the adapter is configured.

The other option is to upgrade two Lifecyle Data Services (FDS 2.5). It seems to be fixed there.
              • 4. Re: FDS + Spring error
                VG24 Level 1
                Did you able to define multiple fill methods and implement in assembler after changing the SpringFactory class?
                I removed the fill config. and I am using the default fill method and everything works fine. Hopefully this problem is fixed in LCDS to allow multiple fill method configuration.