• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 downgrade options

New Here ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased and downloaded Lightroom 6, only then to realize that it requires Windows 64 bit, and our company only supports 32 bit Windows.  Does my purchase of Lightroom 6 give me rights to run any prior version of Lightroom that would run on Windows 7 32 bit?

Thanks,

Grant

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Hi Grant, Lightroom 6 doesn't allow you to use Ligthroom 5, also, Lightroom 5 needs 64 bit os to run. Kindly check the System requirements. As your company doesn't support 64- bit and you don't have any other 64 bit machine, you can return Lightroom 6 as of now, please check: Return, cancel, or exchange an Adobe order

If you wish to cancel Lgithroom 6, kindly contact our support team via: http://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html?step=CCSN_adobe-id-signing-in_stillNeedHelp

If you are unable to use ch

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grant, Lightroom 6 doesn't allow you to use Ligthroom 5, also, Lightroom 5 needs 64 bit os to run. Kindly check the System requirements. As your company doesn't support 64- bit and you don't have any other 64 bit machine, you can return Lightroom 6 as of now, please check: Return, cancel, or exchange an Adobe order

If you wish to cancel Lgithroom 6, kindly contact our support team via: http://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html?step=CCSN_adobe-id-signing-in_stillNeedHelp

If you are unable to use chat option kindly try below mentioned steps.

• Try different browser.
  • Delete cookies and cache

If you are still not able to chat, Kindly reply with the below mentioned information.

• OS version:
  • Browser Version:

You can also try to use photoshop Elements on a 32 bit version, here is link to download the trial version: Download Photoshop Elements products | 13, 12, 11, 10

Please respond to this post in case you have any further queries.

Thank,

Atul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Atul.  I went to the link you provided and read about the return process,  I purchased this as a download product (no physical media) through Amazon, and they don't seem to have the ability to return this.  Do I need to push Amazon on this and reference this discussion?  Or is there a different way through Adobe to process the return?  Or am I to contact your support team via the link above?

Thank you,

Grant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, Lightroom 5 needs 64 bit os to run.

Lightroom 5 runs on both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I thought I also read that Lightroom 5 ran on 32 bit.  So then the only question left, does my purchase of Lightroom 6 give me permission to run Lightroom 5 instead?  Or can I return Lightroom 6 and purchase Lightroom 5 instead?

Thanks,

Grant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines