1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 15, 2015 6:14 PM by marlysn45386525

Aperture importer: "asset offline or unsupported asset type" for iLifeAssetManagement

davefeldman Level 1

I'm trying to import my Aperture library into Lightroom CC, and am having some trouble. The import succeeds overall, but I get maybe 2000 of the following errors (some of which appear to be duplicates):

Failed to import /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/dave/Library/Application Support/iLifeAssetManagement/assets/sub/01a118432bd7198a2c44f3474a8ac7ec23bc9d9951/IMG_01 92.JPG. (Possible reasons include asset offline or unsupported asset type.)

I've done some quick spot-checks inside the iLifeAssetManagement/assets/sub folder and so far, none of these files actually exists (nor their parent folders, like the one that begins 01a11 in the example above). So the error is accurate: Lightroom is trying to import a file that doesn't exist.

If I search on those filenames in Aperture, I do sometimes get an image with the filename in question, but never one that references the iLifeAssetManagement folder.

So the question is, what's going on? Am I losing images during the import? Is there simply an issue with my Aperture library or the importer that causes it to try and import files that don't exist? Simply put, is this something I need to worry about, or not?

Thanks!

Dave