1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 11, 2007 10:24 AM by Thumbslinger

FormMail Results

sylar47
      I am trying to create a simple formmail on my contact page. I have created a hidden variable for "recipient" with my email address....and Post is set to the URL of my CGI. Iit actually works...but the results contain TOO MUCH info. I even have two fields from my preloader that are coming in on the screen...oddly THEY look the way I wish all the other info should look but I don't want those included.....SEE BELOW...

How do I get rid of all the unimportant info and get the email to come in clean. Here are the results:

Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
      (<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT FACE="Verdana" SIZE="11" COLOR="#333333" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">jennifer@sylar.com</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>) on Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 07:37:37
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

percent: 100%

loaded: 100

name: <TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT FACE="Verdana" SIZE="11" COLOR="#333333" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">Jennifer Adamowsky</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>

message: <TEXTFORMAT LEFTMARGIN="3" RIGHTMARGIN="3" LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT FACE="Verdana" SIZE="11" COLOR="#333333" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">test1234</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

Jennifer
        • 1. Re: FormMail Results
          Thumbslinger Level 1
          Looks like you might be using one of those cgi scripts from a place like GoDadddy... which are great as they are about 10 lines of code in ASP or PHP and capture any and all information.

But, as in this case, they might show too much.

The easiest and most bullet-proof email form I've found and use is at www.kirupa.com

It's a simple two-frame file and the php it comes with is super easy to change. You just upload the php file into the same directory as your .swf file and in the .swf file, point to the php.