8 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2015 6:46 AM by A.T. Romano

How can I increase the number frames for all of the pictures (screen time).

gregwg

I have a slideshow in adobe premiere elements 13 with 650 pictures.  After addinig "fad in/out" the pictures are not on the screen long enough.  How can I increase the number frames for all of the pictures (screen time).  It is currently on 90, and I would like to increase to 150 frames.

• 1. Re: How can I increase the number frames for all of the pictures (screen time).
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Select all and right click > time stretch.

• 2. Re: How can I increase the number frames for all of the pictures (screen time).
            gregwg Level 1

That's not an option when I right click.  These are still images, I am not sure if that matters.

• 3. Re: How can I increase the number frames for all of the pictures (screen time).
              A.T. Romano Level 7

gregwg

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

From your description of still image duration, you appear to be looking at the Still Image Default Duration setting in Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

This setting is used  so that, all stills imported AFTER the set is made will important into that project with whatever the setting is. The unit for the setting is frames. The default setting is 150 frames (counterpart of 5 seconds in a 30 frames per second project). What you are telling us that the setting is currently at 90 frames (3 seconds) and you want to go back to 150 frames (5 seconds). Again, reminder, that setting is for all stills imported into the project AFTER it is set.

To avoid reset there and re-import of stills, you can adjust the still image duration at the Timeline level. What you do there will not change the Edit Menu/Project Settings/General Still Image Default Duration = 90 frames that is appearing those preferences settings.

At the Timeline level, select all the stills whose duration is to be changed from 3 to 5 seconds. Right click anywhere in the selection, select Time Stretch.

In the Time Stretch dialog's duration change from 00;00;03;00 to 00;00;05;00 (hours;minutes; seconds; frames).

Depending on the circumstances/relative position of the still involved, the select all can be done

a. Edit Menu/Select All

or

b. Using the mouse cursor to draw a rectangle around the clips involved to select them

or

c. Holding down the Shift key of the computer main keyboard and clicking on each of the clips wanted.

Please review and consider. If any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: How can I increase the number frames for all of the pictures (screen time).
                A.T. Romano Level 7

gregwg

I have just written you a detailed how to on your still image duration question. It uses the Expert workspace of Premiere Elements 11, 12/12.1, and 13/13.1 as the model for the explanation. And, it assumed Expert workspace.

Your reply which I did not see when I posted by reply makes me think that you might be in Premiere Elements 11, 12/12.1, or 13/13.1 and in the Quick workspace rather than the Expert workflow. Time Stretch is not available in the Quick workspace of the versions mentioned.

If this is the case, how feasible it it for you to switch to the Expert workspace to get the job done at the Timeline level? The Expert workspace is preferred because you can see better what is going on and thus have more control of the workflow. Often Quick workspace has less features than found in the Expert workspace.

Please consider and give us the details necessary to fine tune the reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: How can I increase the number frames for all of the pictures (screen time).
                  gregwg Level 1

I can change the frames for one picture at a time following these steps, but I can not change the frames for multiple pictures.

• 6. Re: How can I increase the number frames for all of the pictures (screen time).
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

gregwg

Thanks for the reply.

If you use the suggestion in the Expert workspace, I think that I have already explained the how to for more than one at a time as well as for one.

At the Timeline level, select all the stills whose duration is to be changed from 3 to 5 seconds. Right click anywhere in the selection, select Time Stretch.

In the Time Stretch dialog's duration change from 00;00;03;00 to 00;00;05;00 (hours;minutes; seconds; frames). All the clips selected (all at the same time) will end up with the same changed still duration.

And, I further gave the details for how to select clips more than one at a time

Depending on the circumstances/relative position of the still involved, the select all can be done

a. Edit Menu/Select All

or

b. Using the mouse cursor to draw a rectangle around the clips involved to select them

or

c. Holding down the Shift key of the computer main keyboard and clicking on each of the clips wanted.

Please let me know if you missed the above or whether you are asking something different now.

If you are asking about the above, and it is still not clear, please let me know where it is not, and I will explain a different way.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: How can I increase the number frames for all of the pictures (screen time).
                      gregwg Level 1

It worked!  My original selection had a few clips that we not the same number of frames (duration) as the group.  I can't change a group of clips at the same time if they are not the same number of frames (duration).

Thanks,

Greg

• 8. Re: How can I increase the number frames for all of the pictures (screen time).
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

gregwg

Thanks for the update and good news. Good job with getting Time Stretch to work for you.

In the original selection, how did you manage to get those few photos with different durations?

Also, watch out for a video clip that might have been imported along with the many photos. If a video is in the selection with the photos, that can cause problem when you do the Time Stretch duration.

Best wishes with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR