1 Reply Latest reply on May 4, 2015 2:25 PM by A.T. Romano

If I buy adobe Elements 10 or later what software will I need to make dvds from mov files, the files are large and I know they have to be compressed and I do not want to lose quality...I know adobe pro you need encore software but will encore work with el

videog

If I buy adobe Elements 10 or later what software will I need to make dvds from mov files, the files are large and I know they have to be compressed and I do not want to lose quality...I know adobe pro you need encore software but will encore work with elements and can elements itself do the compression.. I know it can burn dvd's...

• 1. Re: If I buy adobe Elements 10 or later what software will I need to make dvds from mov files, the files are large and I know they have to be compressed and I do not want to lose quality...I know adobe pro you need encore software but will encore work wit
          A.T. Romano Level 7

vidog

If you burn to DVD disc in Premiere Elements 10 and later, some of the choices are

a. DVD-VIDEO standard 4:3 or widescreen 16:9 on DVD disc

Both will have the 720 x 480 pixels frame size. But, the widescreen comes with a 16:9 flag that stretches the video to about 856/480 16:9 for display after encoding. The preset is not user adjustable...and you end up with the DVD-VIDEO format @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second.

b. AVCHD format on DVD disc

Here the video display is 1920 x 1080. And, depending on the version, can be 29.97 interlaced frames per second or 23.976 progressive frames per second (otherwise just 29.97 interlaced frames per second). Although you can generate AVCHD DVD with a regular DVD burner, the AVCHD DVD needs a blu-ray player that supports AVCHD DVD or one of those multi media players that does also.

c. If the player allows.....you can export your Timeline to file saved to a USB Flash Drive and then insert that USB Flash Drive into the player in order to get  playback the file. In this route, you can set Premiere Elements advanced settings to customize your choice of export preset.

Please review and consider, and then let us know if we have targeted your question. If not, please give more details in areas where we have not.

Thank you.

ATR