7 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2015 12:23 PM by A.T. Romano

why do i have no audio options in the audio tab

lizl6276372

any idea what is wrong? no audio option under audio tab

• 1. Re: why do i have no audio options in the audio tab
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Which version of the program are you using and on what operating system?

Are you saying that you don't see any options when you click on the Audio button on the Action Bar -- or are you saying that you don't even see the Audio button?

• 2. Re: why do i have no audio options in the audio tab
            A.T. Romano Level 7

lizl

How long ago did you do the install of your Premiere Elements, presumed to be 12/12.1 or 13/13.1 since you talk about Audio Tab and not Music Tab - within the last 24 hours?

ATR

• 3. Re: why do i have no audio options in the audio tab
              lizl6276372 Level 1

Yep AT, had only installed 30 minutes prior, version 13. I later noticed that the soundtrack audio option was available, but not sound effects.

• 4. Re: why do i have no audio options in the audio tab
                lizl6276372 Level 1

Hey Steve, Mac OS- not sure which version. Premiere is version 13 and there is an audio tab, with nothing able to be selected (from soundtrack and sound effects). Since my original post, the soundtrack option was able to be highlighted.

• 5. Re: why do i have no audio options in the audio tab
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

lizl

What you have been describing is a known issue with Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and 13/13.1 and there have been threads here on the subject. The answer is to wait.

Not to worry. Based on history, Audio Tab Music Scores and Sound Effects will show up. Threads have been reporting this delayed appearance of these Music Scores and Sound Effects after the program appears to be fully installed. It can take anywhere from minutes to hours for all of them to appear on the hard drive and in the Audio Tab options that you have within the program.

Please let us know the outcome and how long it takes before Music Scores and Sounds Effects are all in place. As a point of reference, an excerpt from my Premiere Elements 13 First Look Blog

Music Score has 7 subcategories and a total of 51 free soundtracks, customizable according to SmartSound concept, but this is not SmartSound The Music Score subcategories and the number of soundtracks in them are Ambient (6), Atmospheric (8), Blues (2), Country (5), Rock-Pop (22), Urban (4), and Weddings (5).

Sound Effects has 13 subcategories and a total of 268 free sound effects. The Sound Effects subcategories and the number of sound effects in them are Ambience (49), Animals (10), Cartoon Effects (20), Crashes (10), Fire and Explosions (18), Foley (30), Impacts (20), Industry (10), Liquids (10), Science Fiction (30), Technology (30), Transportation (11), and Weather (20).

If any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...my count is Premiere Elements 13 Windows 7 and 8.1 64 bit.

• 6. Re: why do i have no audio options in the audio tab
                    lizl6276372 Level 1

Thanks for that AT- have been busy, but just tried to load the audio again & still no sound effects... which is almost 48 hours after successful installation. I'm new to the whole forum caper, but grateful for your advice...i'm off to troll the interwebs for more info about the install delay, but a bit annoyed at paying $150 AUD for a program that doesn't install correctly or completely the first time!

...am i mistaken, or does the program (after purchase) require internet connection to download audio content???

• 7. Re: why do i have no audio options in the audio tab
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

liz

Thanks for the reply.

There are two classes of content...

a. that which is installed with the program, ready to go....

b. that which is installed normally with incomplete content which needs to be completed by downloading and installing critical files to get the content to work in the project.

From all that I have ever observed, under Audio Tab.....

a. the Music Scores incomplete folders/files need to be completed from the download and install from within the project....hence need for Internet connection.

b. the Sound Effects folders/files should be coming with the program install , ready to go.

These observations are further supported by the fact that, in the project, Music Scores comes with blue band for download access, Sound Effects does not.

And, you do need Internet connection for Activation of the program at installation.

Can you find any Music Scores or Sound Effects folders and files if you go to

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

Sound Effects or Music Scores

All_Lang

Other thoughts

You could try updating the Adobe Application Manager.

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

You could consider uninstall/free ccleaner run through/reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

If you are going to do the uninstall...anyway as a next step, first think about deleting the Music Scores Folder and Sound Effects Folder and watch for any regeneration of the folders and their content....cross check what you see there in the Program Data route with what is becoming available in the opened project under the Audio Tab..

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR