2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2007 11:49 AM by moggiegirl

Conflict with drop-menus

moggiegirl
      Hi all,

I've created a page that has a horizontal drop menu along the top, and I wanted to make a side vertical menu for a few pages. When I apply both menus to the page, one seems to nix the other one out- ie: the top menu will expand, and the side menu won't.

Anyone know of a soultion? I've tried renaming the .js file on one of them, doesn't seem to work. Thanks in advance!
        • 1. Re: Conflict with drop-menus
          Level 7
          moggiegirl wrote:

> Anyone know of a soultion? I've tried renaming the .js file on one of them,
          > doesn't seem to work. Thanks in advance!

You need to create both in the same Fireworks document and export both
          together.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Conflict with drop-menus
            moggiegirl Level 1
            Thanks for that- I actually did that after I posted my original post and it worked, but it created the new problem of getting content on the page. What I was doing was using php to import my menus onto my pages- when I do it all in one fireworks file, it ends up creating a big block of empty space, then my content comes in underneith... does that make sense? Like I have the left menu hooking into the top menu in a sort of reverse seven, and all the space in the middle is a problem.

I've tried just entering my text into the white space in fireworks and using that as the page, but it won't work for all my pages. Any suggestions?

Thanks again.