3 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2006 5:41 PM by Newsgroup_User

Playing video!!!

dee_shaa Level 1
      I have created a nice little application that uses video clips to guide you through various tutorials, The problem though is that I have to time clips in order for them to finish playing then jump to the next mark.

But it is entirely inconsistent, it will work fine then stop working altogether. The file sizes are small and I have a good computer, whats happening!

I know the first thought is that my computer cant handle it, but I dont think that is the case.

The videos are set direct to stage

Jude
        • 1. Re: Playing video!!!
          Level 7
          In general, it's simpler to play video on a single frame, or a short
          frame span, and monitor for the video finishing before sending the
          playback head to the next frame/section. What the script might look like
          depends on the type of video cast member you've implemented
          • 2. Re: Playing video!!!
            dee_shaa Level 1
            Thanks for your help!
            I am not sure though what you mean by your last sentence. "What the script might look like
            depends on the type of video cast member you've implemented". I am a pretty much drag and drop kinda person and lingo seems to be quite tricky. Did you mean I should be using some kinda code?

I see though what you mean, about keeping the video as one frame as this will prevent the play head from shooting off at various speeds!
            • 3. Re: Playing video!!!
              Level 7
              What I meant was that you might have linked to your video file using
              #realMedia, #digitalVideo, #quickTimeMedia, #windowsMedia, #DVD, #flash
              or something else.
              If you're wanting a script to "pause" the playback head on the frame
              containing the video sprite until this video has finished, the script
              might vary depending on the cast member type.
              Open your message window and type:
              put member("video").type
              where you'd substitute your video member name for "video"

Alternatively, search this newsgroup and m.d.lingo as this is a FAQ