2 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2015 7:21 AM by mrsndmn

Unable to download clips from camera to elements

mrsndmn

Since I purchased Premiere Elements 13 and Photoshop bundle, I have never been able to get the video clips to complete the download into the organizer.  I downloads the clips into the correct file but it only goes to 99% and makes the Elements Organizer useless.  I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling.  The organizer is worthless to me.  The video editing portion of the program works correctly but I need to pull the clips from my files not from the organizer.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I am running Window 8.1  Thanks

• 1. Re: Unable to download clips from camera to elements
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mrsndmn

Have you updated Photoshop Elements 13, Premiere Elements 13, and Elements Organizer 13 to 13.1 yet? If not, please consider doing that.

After that, if needed, delete or disable the Elements Organizer 13/13.1 setting file. On Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, it can be found

Local Disk C

User

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and in the Organizer Folder is the psa.prf file that you delete or disable by renaming it from psa.prf to psa.prfOLD.

Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path given.

If that does not work, then create a new catalog....File Menu/Manage Catalogs/Catalog Editor.

Do you have an external hard drive for source media storage?

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Unable to download clips from camera to elements
            A.T. Romano Level 7

mrsndmn

Add On... Please also refer to post 1.

What happens if you download your camera's file to the computer hard drive and then import them from there into the Elements Organizer 13/13.1?

ATR

• 3. Re: Unable to download clips from camera to elements
              mrsndmn Level 1

I have not updated to 13.1  I can't figure out how to get 13.1?  Please help

Steve Luck, MD, MS

[personal information removed... Mod - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[If you are posting using email, please turn your 'sig file' function OFF for posting]

• 4. Re: Unable to download clips from camera to elements
                mrsndmn Level 1

I have not tried downloading to the file directly as I don't have another program to do that.

Steve Luck, MD, MS

Vice President of Development

Chief Medical Officer

Anesthesia Concepts, LLC.Regional Medical Director

NorthStar Anesthesia, PA.

[Personal info removed by moderator]

• 5. Re: Unable to download clips from camera to elements
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

mrsndmn

Thanks for the replies.

It would be a good idea to update from 13 to 13.1, especially with regard to the Elements Organizer 13 that comes with Premiere Elements 13.

To do this, please go to the Expert workspace and the Help Menu/Updates and follow the instructions. The following is a link to supplemental information in this regard.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: Adobe Releases Premiere Elements 13.1 Update

There is also an Adobe Premiere Elements Forum thread that I started on this topic.

Premiere Elements 13.1 In Depth Look

Please review and consider. And, if any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

With regard to getting the files from camera to computer, can you transfer the files via USB cable from camera to computer and save them to folder on hard drive? How many files are you downloading at one time? So as not to take anything for granted, what specific downloader are you using for your files....is Premiere Elements 13 Editor Add Media/Videos from Flip or Cameras involved?

Please let us know if you have any questions on the above.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...To avoid nuisances to your contact information, please do not include contact information in your replies.