I have a similar problem.
As I switch between content categories (i have three of them) the navigation pane will appear empty in 1 or more categories while viewing WebHelp in Chrome. The TOC does not appear even when I refresh the browser..
But, this does not happen in IE.
RH 11.04.291, Webhelp
Chrome Version 42.0.2311.135 m
It appears that there's a number of browser-based display peculiarities in RH11's WebHelp output. I hope someone at Adobe notices this thread ASAP because I have to tell the client by end-of-day tomorrow (Friday) whether there's a solution to their problem (and perhaps yours as well) other than reverting the project to RH9, something that would cause a lot of headaches and lead to a very unhappy client.
This is very strange. Can you send a me an example project exhibiting this behaviour? (By for example creating a blank project and importing one or two topics?)
RoboHelp 11.0.4. patches the browser issues that I know of, but perhaps a new issue occured. Please send it to me at contact [at] wvanweelden [dot] eu. Please provide a link to this thread in your email.
I'm afraid not.
The Chrome problem went away seemingly at random. Everyone who reported having the problem suddenly reported not having it. I'm wondering whether they hadn't restarted their PCs for a while and were having memory overwrites but that's purely a guess. However, you might try rebooting your PC and then restarting the WebHelp to see if that solves the problem.
The IE problem was limited to one PC and that too seems to have gone away at random. The owner of that PC had rebooted, so I'm wondering whether she didn't have some unusual configuration that no one else did. I did ask her to run the WebHelp with the IE Developers Console open and report any messages that showed up in the Console (2nd menu item from the left). She reported this message "The attached page targets document mode 5. Some console features and APIs may not be available." but a Google search for it didn't turn up anything useful.
Sorry. Wish I had some more useful information for you.
The issue is repeatable, more than 1 user, and even after reboots. It occurs on output (non-customized, auto-generated files) and published files. (local files).