4 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2015 4:09 AM by PRE_help

Program crashes when importing music

PuppyDogMom Level 1

I've been trying to add a music file to a project (Navy Hymn) and each time I do, the program crashes and quits. Is there something that I'm doing wrong? The music file is in iTunes.

• 1. Re: Program crashes when importing music
          A.T. Romano Level 7

PuppyDogMom

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Premiere Elements (many versions) has problems with iTunes music. The solution has been to convert the music to the WAV version in iTunes and then import that WAV version into Premiere Elements with Premiere Elements' Add Media (Get Media)/Files and Folders.

The following documents give a how to for the iTunes music conversion

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204310

Any questions, please ask. Please let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Program crashes when importing music
            PuppyDogMom Level 1

Premiere Elements 13.1, Yosemite OS. I tried dragging the music file to the desktop and importing it from there. That actually worked. I didn't know that you could convert iTunes files into wav files. Thanks much for your help.

• 3. Re: Program crashes when importing music
              A.T. Romano Level 7

PuppyDogMom

Thanks for the follow up. Appreciated.

Great job gaining your success with dragging the music file to the desktop and importing it from there. Good information for the Premiere Elements users to have.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: Program crashes when importing music
                PRE_help Adobe Employee

Hi,

We are aware of a crash in MAC OSX 10.10.x (Yosemite) there is a crash where launching the import dialog and going to iTunes/Movies library and coming out of it (by clicking on any other folder in the import dialog finder window). This needs fix from Apple.  We, like multiple other affected application manufacturers, are in talks with them for a speedy fix. While we know that they are working on it, we are yet to receive any communication on when this will be fixed.

You can try to browse to the location where the file is physically located and import from there without going to the iTunes/Movies library in the Import dialog finder window. Dragging and dropping the file from the Finder into Premiere Elements 13 should also work.

Let us know if you see any issues with this suggestion.

Regards,

Premiere Elements Engineering Team