4 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2015 7:59 PM by Pete Mackie

Missing Lightroom 6 Help

Pete Mackie

Platform: MacBook Pro (14-inch, Late 2008), OS X Yosemite, Version 10.10.3, 8 GB CPU Memory

I installed Lightroom 6 and observed that Lightroom 6 help request posts a dialog stating: "Cannot display help". I located and installed Lightroom CC 2015.0.1/Lightroom 6.0.1 update. This bug fix addresses issues related to launching Lightroom and accessing online help. The instructions for this CC 2015.0.1/Lightroom 6.0.1 update also states: "(If you're an early downloader, you may need to restart the CC Desktop application for update to show)".

I see no way to "restart the CC Desktop application" (or do you mean Application Manager?). Accordingly there is no way to activate the Lightroom 6 Help even though the CC 2015.0.1/Lightroom 6.0.1 update has now been installed.

Issues:

1. Lightroom 6 online help is missing.

How do I proceed next?

• 1. Re: Missing Lightroom 6 Help
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant
          I see no way to "restart the CC Desktop application" (or do you mean Application Manager?).

I believe this is referring to the Creative Cloud application, which you can start by typing "Creative Cloud" into the Launchpad or from menu bar in the upper right.  The Quit command is accessed from the gear menu:

Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 2.12.36 PM.png

• 2. Re: Missing Lightroom 6 Help
            Pete Mackie Level 1

There is no Creative Cloud app in the workflow scenario, because this is Lightroom 6 non-CC and not Lightroom CC. Yes, I have a non-CC version "Application Manager" but it is not the one you are describing above. I wish that it were and my problem would be resolved.

• 3. Re: Missing Lightroom 6 Help
              johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

Hmm, according to Victoria Bampton, you should have had the Creative Cloud app installed even for the perpetual license:

I have a perpetual license – so why is there a CC app?

Even if you install Lightroom 6 perpetual version, the Creative Cloud desktop application is automatically installed. That’s simply because it’s used to manage Adobe products. If you don’t like it, you can uninstall it (but I’d keep it just in case you need it for other Adobe apps). It’s not spyware or anything suspect!

You could download and install the CC app and still retain your perpetual license.

• 4. Re: Missing Lightroom 6 Help
                Pete Mackie Level 1

re: You could download and install the CC app and still retain your perpetual license.

I've tried what you suggest above, on my Macbook Pro, but "CC app" will not install because the non-CC version of the Application Manager is already in place there. I spent three hours today on this one issue alone.

Furthermore, when I installed Lightroom 6 on my iMac workstation , it killed working Application Manager CC version and I have not been able to get in installed and working. I spent five hours today on this one issue alone.

For these details, in the Lightroom forum Filter by tag: missing application manager

Whats worse though, that the above two issues, is even though I purchased the Adobe Lightroom CC & 6.0 install DVD, as the non CC subscription package, at the $149.95 price. I am about to be shut down from using Lightroom 6, on two computers, because my Lightroom 6 install thinks it is a CC subscription, which it is not.

For these details, in the Lightroom forum Filter by tag: lightroom subscription expire

I work an entire day attempting to install Lightroom 6 on two separate computers and got nowhere. I actually ended the day with less that I started with as I not longer have a working Application Manager on my iMac.

WHAT AN INCONVENIENT MESS ALL DUE TO THIS NON-FUNCTIONAL CC LICENSING SCENARIO!

I truly do appreciate the help from johnrellis. Though I am taking issue with Adobe for releasing non-working software installs. Bought the software, but can use it and my previously working Application Manager CC version is dead in the water.