0 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2015 2:06 PM by Pete Mackie

Missing Lightroom 6 Help & Application Manager

Pete Mackie Level 1

Platform: iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite, Version 10.10.3, 12 GB CPU memory.

I installed Lightroom 6 and observed that Lightroom 6 help request posts a dialog stating: "Cannot display help". I located and installed Lightroom CC 2015.0.1/Lightroom 6.0.1 update. This bug fix addresses issues related to launching Lightroom and accessing online help. The instructions for this CC 2015.0.1/Lightroom 6.0.1 update also states: "(If you're an early downloader, you may need to restart the CC Desktop application for update to show)".

I assume, perhaps naively, that whoever wrote the CC 2015.0.1/Lightroom 6.0.1 update instructions and used the phrase "CC Desktop application" actually meant the Adobe Application Manager. Is my assumption correct?

I then discovered that after installing Lightroom 6 that my Adobe Application Manager icon was missing from my Mac top menu bar.

I again installed the "ApplicationManager9.0_all" via the .dmg file. After a system reboot the Application Manager icon was visible in my Mac top menu bar. When I click in the Application Manager icon, in my Mac top menu bar, all I observe is a large pop-down window, which is blank (a 100% white window). Therefore I am unable to: "restart the CC Desktop application for update to show".

I tried the same above install scenario using the ApplicationManager8.0_all .dmg file, also to no avail.

I am using Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection, not the CC version.

Issues:

1. Lightroom 6 online help is missing.
      2. My Adobe Application Manager opened from the Mac top menu bare , while present, is useless.

How do I proceed next?