12 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2015 5:41 AM by A.T. Romano

problemas con vista previa

monypat7

Hola, estoy tratando de editar un video en adobe premier elements 13, pero al agregar mi video, este se ve lento como en partes y asi no se en donde cortar para quitar las partes que no me gustan, podrian decirme como puedo hacer para que la vista previa de mi video no se vea lenta???

• 1. Re: problemas con vista previa
          RameezKhan Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to Premiere Elements.

Thanks,

Rameez

• 2. Re: problemas con vista previa
            A.T. Romano Level 7

monypat7

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates? If not, please do that.

Please tell us the properties of the video that you are importing into the project. The brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded that video may give us the information that we need for the troubleshooting.

What are you (manually) or the project (automatically) setting as the project preset to match the properties of the source videos? If you do not know, please tell us the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if they look grayed out) in Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

When you play back the Timeline video, is there an orange line over that video? In other words, are you looking at the Timeline rendered (to get best possible preview) or Timeline unrendered content?

Let us start here. There are a lot more questions concerning your project and the computer (its resources and optimization), but we will ask them if needed after we obtain the above information.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: problemas con vista previa
              monypat7 Level 1

Thanks for taking the time to help me!

Mi original video properties are:

Type: MpegMovie,  Image size: 1920x1080,  Frame rate: 29.97  , Pixel aspect: ratio 1.0

The editing mode is: DSRL,  Timebase: 29.97 f/second,  frame size: 1920x1080,  Pixel aspect ratio : square (1.0), display format 30 fps drop-frame timecode

Actually, there is an orange line over the video in the timeline.

About the rendering I don´t know what is that. Please help me!!!

• 4. Re: problemas con vista previa
                A.T. Romano Level 7

monypat7

Thank you for the reply with additional information.

When you import a video into the project and it has an orange line over its contents, that is the program telling you that you are not seeing the best possible preview and you should do Timeline rendering to get that best possible preview. Timeline rendering does not fix anything, just gives you best possible preview.

Render.JPG

This is a screenshot which was done with version 11, but applies to 12 and 13 also. You do the Timeline rendering

a. by pressing the Render button above the Timeline

b. use Timeline menu/Render Work Area

or

c. Press the Enter key of the computer main keyboard.

After each edit, you will get the orange line. You Render to get possible preview and the line that becomes green. That happens with all edits normally.

But, if you get this orange line when you drag the first video for the first time to the Timeline, then there is a problem with the project settings. Is your original video interlaced or progressive?

More later.

ATR

• 5. Re: problemas con vista previa
                  monypat7 Level 1

I get the orange line since de beginning when I add my video, my original video is progressive. I tried what you told me about the rendering but the orange line remains and so the problem, I can´t see my video fluent

• 6. Re: problemas con vista previa
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

monypat7

Thanks for the reply with confirmation on progressive video.

You should not be getting that orange line when you first drag the video to the Timeline as the first video and first time. That makes me wonder if there is something more to the video properties than we realize. Any chance you could post the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video. I will do some research on that information. Right now your video looks in agreement with your project preset. That is good.

I will work on this in the morning.

Thank you for the follow up.

ATR

• 7. Re: problemas con vista previa
                      monypat7 Level 1

Hi there!

The camera is a Nikon D5100 , I dont know how to check the camera settings

• 8. Re: problemas con vista previa
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

monypat7

Thanks for the camera information. That information gave me the confirming information that I needed on the camera recording settings.

I will be back later with comments and suggestions for moving forward.

To be continued.....

ATR

• 9. Re: problemas con vista previa
                          monypat7 Level 1

Hi!  I took video with my camera Nikon D5100 in different resolutions, then add my videos to a new project, I found out the next:

in Video quality 1920 x1080, 30 fps, high quality (the orange line remains after rendering)

1920x1080, 30 fps, normal  (the orange line remains after rendering)

1920x1080, 24 fps,high quality (the orange line on the top of the timeline becomes green after rendering)

1920x1080, 24 fps, normal (the same happens in this case, but there are two orange lines that cross the timeline video that remain)

What  video settings should I use in order to have good quality for youtube videos and being able to have a preview in real time

Thanks for your time!

• 10. Re: problemas con vista previa
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

monypat7

Thank you for the additional information to be used in the troubleshooting.

If any doubts about orange line related to Timeline rendering,  please review screenshot in post 4. But, I think you are OK on that. I mention that just in case.

This is what I would like you to do:

Open a new Premiere Elements 13/13.1 project to the Expert workspace.

Go to File Menu/New/Project Settings and Change Settings

In Change Settings, set the project preset to

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30@29.97

OK out of that area.

In the New Project dialog that will open next, change the name of the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.

Back in the Expert workspace, use Premiere Elements' Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets to import your videos into the project:

a. First 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second

(when you do that there should be no colored line above that content - that means that you have set the project preset correctly and are seeing the best possible preview.

b. Next import your 1920 x 1080 @ 24 progressive frames per second video

(there will be an orange line over that content because it does not match the project preset...Timeline render to get the green line)

c. Next import your other 1920 x 1080 @ 24 progressive frames per second video

(there will be an orange line over that content because it does not match the project preset....Timeline render to get the green line)

At this point, you will be getting the best possible preview of your Timeline content as played back in the Edit area monitor.

Do a test run to export that Timeline content to

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30

Determine what that video looks like in the playback on your computer player. This will help us to separate preview and export issues if any present.

What does that look like when you upload that file saved to the computer hard drive to YouTube at the YouTube web site?

Premiere Elements offers only one project preset per project. And, that project preset should match the properties of the source media. When file formats differ and you want to use them all in a project, you need to set priorities and then fit everything else into it.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 11. Re: problemas con vista previa
                              monypat7 Level 1

Thanks! You answered already another question I had! How to export, now I know, follow the steps and it worked!

Thank you so much for taking the time!

• 12. Re: problemas con vista previa
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

monypat7

Wonderful news to start my day. Great job of following through on the details to gain your success.

Please do not hesitate to ask if questions or need clarification on your Premiere Elements workflows. We are glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Best wishes

ATR