7 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2015 10:08 AM by A.T. Romano

problems importing video AVCHD files: silent audio

valentinap95028739

I have problems importing video AVCHD files.

I can play this clips with WindowsMedia Player and I've checked that audio and video are perfect. However, once I import them in Premiere the audio is sometimes silent (I've done some trials: at times I'm able to import a file without problems; at other times the audio problem occurs with the same file) .

Please, help me to fix this problem.

Thank you!!!

• 1. Re: problems importing video AVCHD files: silent audio
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is your video coming from?

If you open one of the video files in G Spot or Media Info, what is listed as the Audio Codec and Video Codec?

• 2. Re: problems importing video AVCHD files: silent audio
            A.T. Romano Level 7

valentinap

Supplemental questions to those already being asked....

Please include in your reply to post 1 what version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system? Are you having these audio problems in the Premiere Elements Editor workspace or in the Elements Organizer and its player work area?

For your convenience in trying to use GSpot to determine status of video and audio compression in your file, this is the GSpot link

GSpot Codec Information Appliance

Please reply with GSpot's Video name, codec, status and Audio name and status readout in your reply to those replying in your thread. Besides this GSpot codec information, please let us know the file extension of your AVCHD file....mts or other?

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: problems importing video AVCHD files: silent audio
              valentinap95028739 Level 1

Thank you for your help! I've listed below some additional info.

My computer operating system is Windows 7.

The file extension is .mts.

I've tried to run GSpot as you have suggested and this is the output I've got:codec.png

I'm using Adobe Premier Pro. The file I've tried to import is quite long (about 2 hours). At the beginning (for about 4 minutes) the audio works:

1.png

However, in the middle and central sections of the video the audio disappears (the green lines that represent audio flow are not present anymore).

I tried to clic the red "X button" in the lower right corner of the screen and this message appears (an approximate translation could be "an error occurred in the disk during the writing of the following file..."):

3.png

I'm sorry for all the missing details and imprecision but I'm a newbie and my informatic comprehesion is very limited

Thank you for your help!

• 4. Re: problems importing video AVCHD files: silent audio
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Very strange that G Spot doesn't show any codecs at all -- which could mean that the program that created these files is using some very non-standard codecs.

What model of camcorder is this video coming from?

How did you get the video from the camcorder to your computer?

• 5. Re: problems importing video AVCHD files: silent audio
                  valentinap95028739 Level 1

I recorded this video with a Sony Handicam HD and then I downloaded directly the video from the camera to my PC using the USB cable provided (without using any software).

I'm trying to covert my files into mp4... do you think it could be useful to bypass the problem?

Thank for your valuable help!

• 6. Re: problems importing video AVCHD files: silent audio
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

valentinap

Thanks for the additional important information including program involved.

You appear to be using Premiere Pro, not Premiere Elements.

Since your program is Premiere Pro, then you have posted in the wrong forum. Some how your thread got posted in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum. Consequently, it would be to your advantage to re-post your thread in the Adobe Premiere Pro forum where the Premiere Pro community can look at the overview of your Premiere Pro situation with version specific reply.

Premiere Pro CC

The properties of your source file are important wherever your thread is - often brand/model/settings for camera that recorded the video will give information to put together with the overview.

Best wishes

ATR

• 7. Re: problems importing video AVCHD files: silent audio
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

valentinap

Additional thoughts as you consider seeking support in the Adobe Premiere Pro Forum instead of the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum.

1. From the beginning of your thread you mention the format AVCHD, not HDV which would involve the HDV data capture firewire into HDVSplit or any Premiere Pro Capture Window....what did your camera record - AVCHD or HDV?

a. if you transfer a AVCHD.mts file to your computer and consequently into Premiere Pro, that is going to be different

than

b. HDV data capture firewire which will give you a MPEG2.mpg file.

I do not work with Premiere Pro, and I do not know the situation in your case with project settings in your project.

ATR