• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Configuration Error Please uninstall and reinstall the product"

New Here ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had CS5.1 installed for a couple of years, today I tried to start Photoshop and I got "Configuration Error Please uninstall and reinstall the product" along with advice to contact Adobe Support if the problem re-occurs. Since contacting Adobe Support is sort of like getting tickets to the Super Bowl I decided not to start there.

Does anyone know the cause of this? Is there anything less time consuming than uninstalling and re-installing that can fix it? My machine has crashed a few times recently, I'm running MacOS 10.6.8 and there seems to be a Flash or Java exploit Firefox is susceptible to that I've fixed with NoScript and a Flash Disabler that may be related, I'm not certain. Photoshop wasn't running during any of the crashes.

I do have a backup of my Applications folder that still works fine (on a different machine), would a restore fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

try with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mCHRST3-NU

I had the same error, till I saw this video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines