5 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2015 11:44 AM by A.T. Romano

Can I import slide show from PS11 in PE13

Susan Verner Level 1

I've recently upgraded to PE and PS 13 and see that the slide show feature in PS13 is not what I'm used to and doesn't seem to have an Output to PE feature as in earlier versions.  Can I make a slide show in PS11 and output that to PE13?

• 1. Re: Can I import slide show from PS11 in PE13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Susan Verner

What Windows computer operating system is involved?

This is a no win situation.

a. You can transfer the Elements Organizer 11 slideshow to Elements Organizer 13 using the "convert 11's catalog in 13 Elements Organizer" concept.

b. But, Elements Organizer 13 will convert the 11 slideshow format to the 13 slideshow format which is a different "species" than seen in 11.

c. The Elements Organizer 13 way yields only the 720p30 or 1080p30 AVCHD.mp4 file which you can save to computer hard drive and which you can import into Premiere Elements 13 Export workspace Add Media/Files and Folders for your burn to disc.

Please review and consider.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can I import slide show from PS11 in PE13
            Susan Verner Level 1

Thank you AT.  I came up with a new idea just now.  I am going to create my slide show in PS11, output to PE11. Edit there with transitions, etc. and then output to AVI.  Then I will import the AVI into my PE13 project (which already contains 15 minutes of video clips, transitions, titles, music, etc. or I would have just done the whole project in PS11).

This should work, right?

• 3. Re: Can I import slide show from PS11 in PE13
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Susan Verner

Thanks for the follow up.

Just in case mention...Premiere Elements 11, 12/12.1, and 13/13.1 were designed to let the project set the project settings automatically based on the properties of the first video drag to the Timeline. Just be sure that the Premiere Elements 11 project preset = NTSC DV Standard or Widescreen (or PAL counterpart) before you use the Elements Organizer 11 Slideshow Editor Output = Edit with Premiere Elements Editor. You may have to set the Premiere Elements 11 project preset manually before the Elements Organizer 11 Output. If necessary, we can talk about those details in next post.

The Premiere Elements 11 export as NTSC (or PAL) DV AVI standard or widescreen (as appropriate) should work. You could explore the merits of a standard or widescreen AVCHD.mp4.

Please let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Can I import slide show from PS11 in PE13
                Susan Verner Level 1

Thanks, and where in PE 11 do I indicate the NTSC preset?  I've been looking and can't find it.

• 5. Re: Can I import slide show from PS11 in PE13
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Susan Verner

If the project is not automatically giving you the correct project preset, then you set it manually...

Premiere Elements 11

Expert workspace

File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings

In Change Settings, change the project preset to NTSC DV Standard or NTSC DV Widescreen. OK out of there.

In the New Project dialog that appears, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on this Project". OK out of thee.

Then back in the Expert workspace...minimize (do not close) Premiere Elements.

Go back to the Elements Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor Output = Edit with Premiere Elements Editor which should take the slideshow into the Premiere Elements DV Standard or Widescreen project.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thank you.

ATR