1 Reply Latest reply on May 7, 2015 7:17 PM by a C student

Adobe now claims PDF/UA support in Acrobat DC. Where is this feature? How can I achieve PDF/UA conforming documents using Acrobat DC?

duff@duff-johnson.com

Adobe now makes the straightforward claim that it supports PDF/UA:

FAQ:

FAQ | Adobe Acrobat DC

Product comparison:

Plans and pricing: Compare versions | Adobe Acrobat DC

Where is this new feature enabled?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Adobe now claims PDF/UA support in Acrobat DC. Where is this feature? How can I achieve PDF/UA conforming documents using Acrobat DC?
          a C student Level 3

Hi Duff,

Using Acrobat Pro XI - provided that I am also allowed to use PAC2 - I am able to achieve PDF/UA compliant documents to the best of my knowledge. Some steps are tricky and/or inconvenient, but it can be done. I have been experimenting and collecting tips and tricks on this ever since PAC2 was first published. Very recently, in a burst of enthusiasm over the great news that the impending 508 Refresh will embrace PDF/UA, I consolidated all the tips and tricks and posted them at TaggedPDF.com.

I am not sure if this means that Acrobat supports PDF/UA. Certainly there is much that Adobe can do better. I have posted my suggestions in the Acrobat Feature Request forum here, but to no avail at least to date.

In spite of my best intentions I have not made time to put my trial install of Acrobat DC through its paces, and since I only have four trial days left I may have missed the opportunity. In my limited experience with DC it seemed to have very similar accessibility remediation capability to Acrobat Pro XI.

I post as Kenny Moore in your excellent PDF/UA LinkedIn forum, by the way. Good to see you over here.

a 'C' student